Alien Isolation [Mother VR] is the best VR experience I've had and it's a free mod.

Soldato
Yes, you are correct, the Oculus demo scenes and Superhot are fine. But Alien Isolation and Half Life Alyx which I have only played for about 10 minutes each so far are making me feel quite nauseating. Probably because of both the decoupling and yes I have set the turning to smooth and not snapping as that is ultimately how you want to experience it, although like you say it might be beneficial to start with the Snap.

Try Alyx with teleporting it will alleviate the motion sickness. Then once you have used teleporting in VR try actual motion. Even now I still cant stomach some games unless I use teleporting.

Soldato
Yes, you are correct, the Oculus demo scenes and Superhot are fine. But Alien Isolation and Half Life Alyx which I have only played for about 10 minutes each so far are making me feel quite nauseating. Probably because of both the decoupling and yes I have set the turning to smooth and not snapping as that is ultimately how you want to experience it, although like you say it might be beneficial to start with the Snap.

To build up your VR legs properly you must stop playing the game at the first sign of feeling nauseous and take off the headset. And don't go back playing until your fully recovered. Don't try to play through the nauseous feeling. It only makes things worse. When you are fully recovered, go back playing and play until you start feeling nauseous. Stop immediately and take off the headset. Repeat.

It doesn't matter what the game is or how mild the nauseous feeling is. Stop immediately.

After a few days you will start to notice that you are spending longer and longer in VR.

I am extremely sensitive to motion sickness. And my first few weeks in VR were amazing, but a kind of hell too. Got sick all the time. It was only when I started doing the above that I cured myself of VR sickness. I can now do smooth motion with no problems at all.

Underboss
so ive just installed this mod

got into game, comes up in VR mode, nice and cool! :)

But i cant use the right touch controller to turn using the thumb stick

is it a pico 4 thing ?
hate using mouse and keyboard because i feel sick after 2 steps because its smooth, and too fast

Associate
so ive just installed this mod

got into game, comes up in VR mode, nice and cool! :)

But i cant use the right touch controller to turn using the thumb stick

is it a pico 4 thing ?
hate using mouse and keyboard because i feel sick after 2 steps because its smooth, and too fast

Best played with an xbox controller

Soldato
Yeah unfortunately the game was never modded with proper VR controls. As Craig R says, it is best played on an Xbox controller.

Would be good if one of the more recent VR modders like Praydog were to take this up, as they could probably get proper tracked controllers working, though it'd be a big job.

Associate
cant play this for long

is their more comfort mods in this game ?

im guessing its because im not actually moving, so snap turning whilst sitting down etc is a bit odd

I was mostly fine however there's a couple of bits where there's turbulence on the ship that definitely made me feel pretty wobbly.

I don't recall any mods for additional comfort settings.

Soldato
Had this game for a couple years but never played more than 10 minutes of it. So tonight I installed the vr mod but i have a couple issues I want to see if are solvable.

First is that when I'm stationary, if I move my head to look around I'm getting some perspective changes within the scene. I.e more than just a turning motion. Anyone else get this odd effect?

Second is that the game seems to move the character in the direction you are looking rather than the direction being controlled on the joypad. I.e if you walk straight forward but turn your head to the right the character walks to the right. Is this fixable because it's not natural?

Associate
I used smooth motion for this game, mapped the gamepad controls to the Index hand controllers and just moved naturally... didn't have any issues

I think playing RE7 in VR improved my locomotion tolerances a lot, that game is quite punishing.

Back
Top Bottom