Alien Isolation - possible compatibility hack on the way

Soldato
Gave this a go earlier and was surprised how well it worked. I found that using my mouse to snap to a direction quickly was as close to the instant rotation you can get. I found I did start to feel a bit off, but not as bad as other normal locomotion games.

Soldato
This mod doesn't work for me. :( The front end menus render correctly in VR, but when in the game it's like it's sending the images the opposite eyes with a grey bar in the middle. I don't think you can muck the installation up as it's just copying in a DLL. All the other VR games I've tried work fine.

Soldato
I just get scrabbled menus, I cannot get the rift to work after that unless I restart comp :( I'll try the new version later though

Permabanned
Game feels like it was designed for VR, perhaps my favourite VR experience so far. I kept feeling the need to reach out to pick items up or press buttons. I hope we get a full VR version with touch support.

Associate
OP
This mod doesn't work for me. :( The front end menus render correctly in VR, but when in the game it's like it's sending the images the opposite eyes with a grey bar in the middle. I don't think you can muck the installation up as it's just copying in a DLL. All the other VR games I've tried work fine.
I just get scrabbled menus, I cannot get the rift to work after that unless I restart comp :( I'll try the new version later though
Hmm, what version of the mod? I've only tried the 0.11 version and that worked fine. Not tried 0.2 yet.

Associate

So Steam VR works fine for you for all your other VR Steam games?

Soldato
So Steam VR works fine for you for all your other VR Steam games?
Yes, all the VR games I've tried on Oculus home, Steam, and even mods like Vivecraft and Doom 3 BFG VR work. This is the only VR game I've tried which doesn't.
The weirdest thing is the menus all work fine in VR, but the actual 3D game view is completely messed up.

Associate
Yes, all the VR games I've tried on Oculus home, Steam, and even mods like Vivecraft and Doom 3 BFG VR work. This is the only VR game I've tried which doesn't.
The weirdest thing is the menus all work fine in VR, but the actual 3D game view is completely messed up.

That is a damn shame as it is a great VR experience, although I'm in the early stages of the game again and the Alien has only got me once so far which was seriously pant soiling - not sure if I can take the tension when things ramp up.

Sounds like it might be a graphics driver issue so I'd start there, although if your other games are fine then this'll be a toughie - presumably the game works fine in 2D mode and you've tried refreshing the installation files in Steam.

Soldato
Game works fine in 2D. I've not tried verifying local content, so that's worth a go.
I've wanted to try this game in VR ever since when they had it working on the DK1, so it's disappointing. I've found I've got pretty good VR 'legs' too - I have no problem playing Doom 3 BFG VR using the thumbsticks to move around whilst standing up (which some people can't handle at all), so Alien Isolation should (hopefully) be OK for me. When I get it working!

Associate
Game works fine in 2D. I've not tried verifying local content, so that's worth a go.
I've wanted to try this game in VR ever since when they had it working on the DK1, so it's disappointing. I've found I've got pretty good VR 'legs' too - I have no problem playing Doom 3 BFG VR using the thumbsticks to move around whilst standing up (which some people can't handle at all), so Alien Isolation should (hopefully) be OK for me. When I get it working!

Best of luck getting it sorted.

Soldato
Verifying the files in Steam fixed the problem, thanks for the help! I had removed the intro logo movies, and for some reason that broke the game. Once they were re-downloaded the mod works fine.

Soldato
Works on the Vive now, just add in the game properties -disableblinders after patching it with revive, and it works. A couple of times it's made me jump, and I've not seen the alien yet:) I think the scale is a little off, but that might change when the hack gets vive support. No doubt about it though, the atmosphere and the graphical quality are top bang, crawling through the ventilation is incredible.

Only downer is the pad control, while it doesn't totally kill it, because it isn't all guns blazing like d3, it'd go a ways to making it more immersive.

Back
Top Bottom