Alien: Isolation...

Soldato
Would say i'm surprised there is no thread on this but after the atrociously bad Colonial Marines, skepticism is to be expected.

Alien: Isolation is a first-person survival horror experience that “will focus on capturing the tension evoked by Ridley Scott’s 1979 classic film.” Ellen Ripley’s daughter, Amanda, is who we’ll be playing as, as she investigates her mother’s disappearance. The game will take place 15 years after the events in the original Alien. Read on for more!

“Underpowered and underprepared, you must scavenge resources, improvise solutions and use your wits, not just to succeed in your mission, but to simply stay alive.”

A lot of people are moaning that it's probably just 1 alien and not loads of guns, for me this is to the games potential strength. From what i've seen of the gameplay videos, seems like they might be taking a page out of Outlast's book whereas less is definitely more.

I've got high hopes for this, as explained in the hands on preview, the level of detail that's gone into the design is impressive. For me it really does evoke the feel of the first Alien movie and the fear I had when watching it for the first time.

Associate
I don't like creepy scary games as I mostly play at night..mostly.

Oh you.. :p

Was reading one of the hands-on previews last night and the way in which they described the reveal of the alien, and the consequent terror of trying to hide from the beast, has really sold it for me.
The first movie was always the best in my eyes and if this can capture the sheer claustrophobic horror of being trapped aboard a ship with a born and bred killer then I will be one happy camper.

Caporegime
I like the fact you can sneak by the creature and he will walk on by if he doesn't spot you, hate it when games seem to have enemies that seem to be able to sniff you out from miles away.

Associate
This has serious potential, I'm cautiously optimistic after colon marines but it certainly looks promising from the footage above.

Soldato
I really hope this game turns out well, think amnesia combined with the old & much better AVP games.

A singular character without any weapons is a great idea, will need a pretty good cover (for hiding) along with movement system to work well (as if you can't 'fight' you will need to be able to move well).

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst!.

Soldato
Nice to see someone doing something different with an Alien game rather than just run and gun. Lets hope they can pull it off and they are not just talking up what they want to the alien to be, rather than what they can program it to be. They've tied their game into being able to do one really good AI enemy, and if it's not clever enough, the whole concept will fall apart.

Soldato
quietly optimistic about this, although will not be preordering and will be waiting for user reviews cos im not gonna get stung again, fool me once SEGA!

Associate
Looks cool but the foul tastes of Colonial Marines & Rome total war 2 are dark clouds hanging over this tittle for me, I hope they pull this off or it could be the final nail in the coffin for the franchise as far as games go!

Soldato
I like the survival exploration angle and the one alien but can't shake the feeling it will be all gloss over dross, and where's the flippin cat !!

VoG

VoG

Soldato
That looks awesome, please please please don't balls it up, won't be a day one purchase for me tho, ive learnt my lesson from the amount of turkey's released last year.

Back
Top Bottom