Alien TV series (Alien Earth) : 2025

i can't recall anything about WY in Firefly?
not sure about Bladerunner either, but if it is, then you should include Soldier too.

It's not actually mentioned by any cast members so it's hard to notice, but there's a WY logo on a Gunsight of Malcom's Anti-Aircraft emplacement during the Battle of Serenity Valley - https://firefly.fandom.com/wiki/Weyland-Yutani - and Josh Whedon, who loves a bit of "expanded universe", also included WY in Angel too.

Additionally, Bladerunner and Alien share a linked universe as Dallas worked for the Tyrell company and in Prometheus, Peter Weyland also talks about Tyrell too - https://unclefishbits.com/how-alien...angel-and-soldier-are-in-one-single-universe/

i can't recall anything about WY in Firefly?
not sure about Bladerunner either, but if it is, then you should include Soldier too.

The backstory on some of the ship manufacturers and the anti-air weapons used in the war pre-dating the story in the TV show are rooted in WY.

wonder if they'll base it on the book Earth Hive

If they did they'd most likely have to ditch the "Billie/Wilks aka Hicks/Newt" (depending on which version you read) stuff about the Alien Homeworld and instead, probably concentrate mostly on the "Salvaje" bits (my favourite parts), with Waidslaw Orona being used to give context for the wider story of how an Alien made it to Earth. Then, after the "incident", the story could cover the subsequent battle for Earth.

In reality however I think this'll be a complete new story, just based on the idea of Aliens loose on Earth, rather than being taken from Earth Hive.

instead, probably concentrate mostly on the "Salvaje" bits (my favourite parts), with Waidslaw Orona being used to give context for the wider story of how an Alien made it to Earth.

That was what I was thinking when I mentioned the book. That whole cult angle would be loads of fun to put in a TV show

That was what I was thinking when I mentioned the book. That whole cult angle would be loads of fun to put in a TV show
If they had any sense that would be central to any Alien Earth TV series, but prequel if that's where they're going is a really bad idea. Post Aliens , maybe at the shortly after Alien 3 would be a better setting. We know about them at elite levels like Government and big Corps but the rest of society hasn't a clue. Then you could make a decent Book One inspired TV series that could play out a bit like a police procedural for the first few episodes.

Back
Top Bottom