Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
Another question if someone could assist! Got my alienware connected to PC via DP port, PS5 via HDMI. I want to add some speakers (no headphone jack on this screen) so what would work with this for PC sound and PS5? Can't seem to find any info on it for this monitor so for now I'm using my Astro A50X's. Anyone using both with some speakers on this screen?
Get a soundbar with EARC ?

Soldato
I need to connect the PS5 also, which is the main issue finding something that will route the sound to it. Otherwise I'd buy some cheap speakers and run them to my PC directly.

You can connect the PS5 to the monitor then just run the HDMI ARC to some speakers like those above or what ever you decide on.

Soldato
You can connect the PS5 to the monitor then just run the HDMI ARC to some speakers like those above or what ever you decide on.
Reading around people seem to have loads of issues with eArc not working correctly. The only thing I dislike about this screen so far is 3.5mm jack! Be so much easier with one.

Soldato
Reading around people seem to have loads of issues with eArc not working correctly. The only thing I dislike about this screen so far is 3.5mm jack! Be so much easier with one.
I won't know personally until i try it with my soundbar, but i guess it can be hit and miss.

Soldato
OP
don't recommend toggling hdr while in game, it often screws up the colors all together, it's best to switch modes before playing the game

Another L for windows because consoles don't have this limitation, you can switch hdr on or off while in a game on a PlayStation 5 and it has zero side effects or issues

Last edited:
Associate
Do you toggle on HDR in windows before you load a game or once it's loaded? And vice versa for closing a game? Curious :)

You have to enable HDR *before* you load the game otherwise the game will likely crash (Unreal Engine games are especially prone to doing this) at worse and at best will be stuck in SDR. Also, if you want to view a YouTube HDR video then I have found that I have to close then reopen the browser after enabling HDR. It's a bit of a pain to be honest, especially as it isn't always obvious if a game or video support HDR. Some kind of auto-detect and enable like on consoles would really be useful in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom