Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
Out of curiosity does anyone with the AW2725DF have a bit of electrical / coil whine when first turning on their monitor, only seems to happen when switching it on for the first few seconds?

Never noticed that at all on mine. Then again I've never heard the fan running that is behind the screen either. Monitor is as quiet as you would expect it to be.

Last edited:
Associate
Never noticed that at all on mine. Then again I've never heard the fan running that is behind the screen either. Monitor is as quiet as you would expect it to be.
Thank you, it’s an odd one, when I turn it on for about 5 seconds I can hear it then stops, don’t hear anything in use.
It does make me worry what happens after the returns period if it gets worse, just debating if I should return it and try a different unit.

Soldato
Yeah it prompts to run every 4 hours or runs automatically when you switch it off after 4 hours of use
Yeah I checked mine today and the panel health was yellow, this was after accumulating 4 hours of use over a number of days. Was contemplating running the pixel refresh manually but I shut the system down and the monitor went into standby.

After about a minute the power led on the monitor turned green indicating it was doing an automatic pixel refresh, after a few minutes this completed and the power led went back to white.

Good to know it’s working as it should.

Associate
Had a bit of a scare when I woke my PC up from sleep mode last Friday and saw my AW2725DF cycling through different coloured screens (red/green/blue etc) every second until I turned the monitor off then on again then the Windows desktop appeared. Apparently this is some sort of test mode that is supposed to only be activated by holding the monitor's joystick to the left for 5 seconds, something like that, and then it is only supposed to run once then return to the normal image.

Not sure what triggered this as I have been using Sleep mode a lot last week and have leaving the monitor alone since it turns off when the PC goes to sleep. Hopefully it was a one-off glitch but I am posting this here in case anyone else experiences this.

Last edited:
Associate
Had a bit of a scare when I woke my PC up from sleep mode last Friday and saw my AW2725DF cycling through different coloured screens (red/green/blue etc) every second until I turned the monitor off then on again then the Windows desktop appeared. Apparently this is some sort of test mode that is supposed to only be activated by holding the monitor's joystick to the left for 5 seconds, something like that, and then it is only supposed to run once then return to the normal image.

Not sure what triggered this as I have been using Sleep mode a lot last week and have leaving the monitor alone since it turns off when the PC goes to sleep. Hopefully it was a one-off glitch but I am posting this here in case anyone else experiences this.
This happened to me the other day from a cold boot - scared me a bit too. I switched on my pc and was expecting the Windows login screen but just as you did see the screen cycling threough various colours. Not happened before or since.

Associate
My friend just bought the 32" and I saw it, it looks unbelievable!

My only issue is that its a curved display, if it was flat I would have no doubt got it. Im hearing there are more 4K 240hz models coming out this year, but the european pricing from these brands like asus and msi are insane.. Hoping the Samsung model thats coming out soon can save me!

Associate
My friend just bought the 32" and I saw it, it looks unbelievable!

My only issue is that its a curved display, if it was flat I would have no doubt got it. Im hearing there are more 4K 240hz models coming out this year, but the european pricing from these brands like asus and msi are insane.. Hoping the Samsung model thats coming out soon can save me!
TBH you don`t even notice the curve on it, I think it`s a fantastic monitor.

Associate
Hypothetical question...

If your daughter sneezed on your lovely Alienware 27" 1440p OLED monitor what would be the best way to clean it?

Because of the semi gloss panel, the hypothetical sneeze residue is a bit more visible when there are darker elements on screen and I wouldn't have any issues giving a normal matte panel some elbow grease to clean it - but the glossy finish makes it a bit more tricky as I don't want to smear anything.

Also yes, my daughter is now up for sale.

Associate
Hypothetical question...

If your daughter sneezed on your lovely Alienware 27" 1440p OLED monitor what would be the best way to clean it?

Because of the semi gloss panel, the hypothetical sneeze residue is a bit more visible when there are darker elements on screen and I wouldn't have any issues giving a normal matte panel some elbow grease to clean it - but the glossy finish makes it a bit more tricky as I don't want to smear anything.

Also yes, my daughter is now up for sale.

Use the the black cloth that came with the monitor and wipe very gently as my understanding is that the screen coating on these QD-OLED is apparently easy to damage if you rub too hard.

If needed, just breathe on the screen for some added moisture rather than using any kind of damp screen cleaner as these can leave smears.

If you do need to use a damp screen cleaner then make sure the screen is turned off and is cold before you use it, otherwise the heat can cause smearing as it dries.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom