Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
Is one of the 27 inch 360 Hz qd oled monitors the best between gigabyte, msi and alienware or is it mostly a toss up?
They all use the same QD OLED panels, it just depends on which 'features' you want with price and availability playing a part.

Apparently the MSI has pretty average responses time at 60hz (a factor if you're using it with a console) - but in the UK the Alienware is the only model that's easily available and is also around 220 quid cheaper than either the MSI or Gigabyte models.

Associate
They all use the same QD OLED panels, it just depends on which 'features' you want with price and availability playing a part.

Apparently the MSI has pretty average responses time at 60hz (a factor if you're using it with a console) - but in the UK the Alienware is the only model that's easily available and is also around 220 quid cheaper than either the MSI or Gigabyte models.
Knew all of that, but thanks. It is baffling how poor their availability still is (Central Europe).

Associate
If anyone would like a 12% discount coupon for this, I've got a spare as a result of Dell renewing my employee advantage codes (and I don't need to buy a second Dell OLED monitor...)

I believe mine are UK only and valid until July 14th.

Last edited:
Associate
If anyone would like a 12% discount coupon for this, I've got a spare as a result of Dell renewing my employee advantage codes (and I don't need to buy a second Dell OLED monitor...)

I believe mine are UK only and valid until July 14th.
i'd like one of those please? i only get 5% with my work.

Associate
Got the AW2725DF today, looking forward to giving it a proper test tonight in the dark but already it feels like a massive, noticeable improvement. I was on an old Acer Predator 1080p 240hz which has now been relegated to the secondary monitor, even with a little bit lower of a framerate from the bump in resolution this still feels smoother whilst looking a lot better.

I think a GPU upgrade when the new Nvidia cards land I'll be set for quite a long time.

Caporegime
looking forward to giving it a proper test tonight in the dark
giphy.gif

:D

Soldato
Am I right in saying neither the AW3225QF or Samsung equivilant have usb c? I’m looking for a 32” 4k OLED gaming monitor with usb c for my work MacBook Pro and I don’t think there is one? Currently on a gigabyte m28u….

Back
Top Bottom