Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
How do people find the AW2725DF for productivity? I have a dual 27" 1440p setup for home working. Primary is an Asus PG278QR TN (purely because its in the better position on my cheap dual mount for gaming) and secondary is a Dell U2715H IPS. Never been a massive fan of the Asus for gaming and fancy something sharper. Was looking at fast IPS screens but I do like the idea of an OLED & 360hz plus the price is very appealing. My only concern after reading reviews is text clarity / pixel density in windows, office etc as I will be working on it every day. The Asus TN has been fine for that kind of work - not as nice as the Dell but perfectly useable. If the AW2725DF is no worse then it will be fine. With nowhere to go see one in the flesh I'd rather not take an £780 punt without asking other owners how they find it.

Thanks in advance!

Associate
I personally think it's absolutely fine for productivity, using mine 7 hours a day for work, mostly Excel, Word and Outlook etc. I can see some text fringing but it's really not that bad at all. I have this next to a Dell 27" G2724D IPS so comparing the two yes I can see a little fringing but if I had just the Alienware Oled then I probably would never give it much thought. Running Windows ClearType helps, but also playing with the monitors sharpness setting helped me dial in even more.

Soldato
Hypothetical question...

If your daughter sneezed on your lovely Alienware 27" 1440p OLED monitor what would be the best way to clean it?

Because of the semi gloss panel, the hypothetical sneeze residue is a bit more visible when there are darker elements on screen and I wouldn't have any issues giving a normal matte panel some elbow grease to clean it - but the glossy finish makes it a bit more tricky as I don't want to smear anything.

Also yes, my daughter is now up for sale.

Dell say just to dampen the cloth that comes with the screen with water

Associate
I use my AW2725DF when working from home one day a month, for about 5-6 hours, and find it to be the same as my previous ASUS PG279Q IPS monitor in terms of text clarity. I do switch to Game2 mode though while I work, which has a much lower brightness (25, I think) and also move windows around every 30 minutes while I work to minimise the risk of burn in.

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I'm looking at getting the alienware 32" 240hz 4k screen I was wondering people opinion on it and its curve.

I'm coming from a 165hz G8 and the curve doesn't bother me tbh and the screen is pretty uniform but the display port has gone fault and I have 2 tvs running of my stix and getting fed up of keep swapping the the cables over, so looking for a replacement.

Back
Top Bottom