Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Soldato
I'm not taking advantage of the 360hz in many games (only Overwatch 2...) but the actual panel is fantastic.

Finding the same with the 32". I'm not really benefiting from the 240hz because any games which run smoothly over 144fps I limit to 144 to keep the PC cooler and quieter.
240fps means the fans spinning up for what is barely a noticeable difference (for me at least)

Looks like there is a new firmware update that allows for the toggle of Dolby Vision in the OSD for the AW3225QF

Nice!!!

Edit - Installed and DV switched off. Now to update to a new Nvidia driver instead of being stuck on one from back in November :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I got 5% off my order with my code through Perks at Work (will need to check if it's still the same one for me) even although it said not on newly released monitors. So I got lucky with an early discount.

Associate
Finding the same with the 32". I'm not really benefiting from the 240hz because any games which run smoothly over 144fps I limit to 144 to keep the PC cooler and quieter.
240fps means the fans spinning up for what is barely a noticeable difference (for me at least)

Nice!!!

Edit - Installed and DV switched off. Now to update to a new Nvidia driver instead of being stuck on one from back in November :)
Fixed quickly! Impressive!!

Switched Dolby Vision off and recalibrated with the HDR App.
Nice!

Soldato
Rachet & Clank Rift Apart looks epic on this monitor :D it just shines:cool:
Fixed quickly! Impressive!!

Switched Dolby Vision off and recalibrated with the HDR App.
Nice!
Only Sony game I haven't yet bought on PC, didn't think too much of it on PS5 but the HDR does look great, I seriously can't wait to see how Horizon Forbidden West looks on this, and Ghosts of Tsushima when it finally comes out

Soldato
Only Sony game I haven't yet bought on PC, didn't think too much of it on PS5 but the HDR does look great, I seriously can't wait to see how Horizon Forbidden West looks on this, and Ghosts of Tsushima when it finally comes out
Yeah Forbidden West it going to look epic and out next month :cool: personally i really enjoyed rachet & clank it was really well done and lots of fun.

Soldato
I got 5% off my order with my code through Perks at Work (will need to check if it's still the same one for me) even although it said not on newly released monitors. So I got lucky with an early discount.

Yeah I got 5% off also. Annoyingly when the monitors went up early on the 5th the 10% codes worked because I used it but didn't put my order through because I was out. Got home went to order they they were out of stock. Next day on the 6th the 10% didn't work. Requested more codes from Dell and they had added a 5% code specifically for the 2 new oleds.

Associate
I've been playing Forbidden West again on PS5 using the OLED monitor and it's insane - only dropped back into an old save/the DLC to see how it looks but it's genuinely stunning.

100% picking it up on PC when it releases to play through again as it will look incredible.

Soldato
I've been playing Forbidden West again on PS5 using the OLED monitor and it's insane - only dropped back into an old save/the DLC to see how it looks but it's genuinely stunning.

100% picking it up on PC when it releases to play through again as it will look incredible.
I seriously can't wait to finally play burning shore, and see HFW in all its glory (yes I am a Horizon fanboy)

Associate
guys, are any of you using a screensaver? or you just turning off the monitor when not using it? if i opt for screensaver, shall i use solid black? or there is no need for all of that?

Back
Top Bottom