Alienware announces the AW2725DF and AW3225QF (worlds first 4k 240hz and worlds first 1440p 360hz QD-OLED monitors - launches January 2024)

Associate
When it wakes up from sleep I think the colour space is in DCI-P3 mode for a few seconds before switching back to sRGB.
Check if your DCI-P3 mode is dark. DCI-P3 mode was at 10% brightness out of the box for me
Interesting, I was using creator mode with DCI-P3 but the brightness was on 75%. However when I switched to sRGB, I don't see the same behaviour, brightness level sticks.

Soldato
Going to get one as soon as codes are enabled.

Does anyone also use theirs for work? Is there an easy way to put up a full screen black image to save the screen? Cant use screen saver as locked down to corporate settings.

Associate

Does anyone also use theirs for work? Is there an easy way to put up a full screen black image to save the screen? Cant use screen saver as locked down to corporate settings.
Are power settings also locked down? Best way is to reduce screen turn off time in power settings.
there was also a way to bind triggering screen turn off or screensaver via a keyboard shortcut, but I think that used a 3rd party utility so not going to wrok for you

PS. Oh yea, but just open a full black image full screen? I assume most image viewers allow it. Hell, open a black image in web browser and maximise full screen with F11

Last edited:
Soldato
Are power settings also locked down? Best way is to reduce screen turn off time in power settings.
there was also a way to bind triggering screen turn off or screensaver via a keyboard shortcut, but I think that used a 3rd party utility so not going to wrok for you

PS. Oh yea, but just open a full black image full screen? I assume most image viewers allow it. Hell, open a black image in web browser and maximise full screen with F11

Yep locked to 15 mins.

But yes windows built in viewer will do full screen so can just leave a black image file on my desktop.. cheers

Associate

I use mine for work, yeah.
Mostly OneNote/Excel etc.

I have a screensaver come on after a couple of minutes and I hide the taskbar.
I also have the wallpaper change every 5mins with wallpaper engine.

I simply try to not have the same thing open in place for long periods of time.
Ultimately, I'm not that bothered though due to the 3 year warranty which includes burn in.

Associate

Any ideas why these icons on the right side of the monitor keeps moving away from the edge all the time 32" 4k oled.

It could be due to the pixel shifting algorithm which moves the entire screen a few pixels up, down, left and right to reduce the possibility of screen burn in.

Unfortunately, both the new 27" and 32" Dell QD-OLED monitors are very poor when it comes to panel care options with only a Pixel and Panel Refresh option and no options to turn off or change the settings for pixel shifting, logo detection, taskbar detection etc. It doesn't even have an inactive screen detection feature either where the panel should dim if you leave it on with no desktop activity. MSI, LG and ASUS are offering so many more options here for the user and they all still offer the same three-year burn in warranty cover. It's a shame that Dell did not put more thought into theirs really. Not sure if they can add these via a firmware update or not but I would like to see more options for these in line with QD-OLED monitors from other manufacturers.

Associate
I've asked this before but now a few more people have these monitors, does anyone else see flickering on the desktop when using the 360 Hz mode with G-SYNC enabled? Do you even see this with FreeSync on AMD GPUs?

It can be quite distracting on my AW2725DF and G-SYNC does seem to otherwise work fine but the VRR flickering is a constant annoyance (as well as a reminder that while close to perfection that this QD-OLED still isn't quite there yet!) and I do not want to have to keep turning G-SYNC off and on. I was playing Alan Wake 2 over the weekend and the flickering was even visible in-game. It's already bad enough that I have to that for HDR for games and media content.

Seems the only way to reduce flickering in games is to have a consistent framerate but that kind of defeats the reason for using G-SYNC (VRR) in the first place for me. And I don't quite understand why their is flickering on the desktop wallpaper when there is no activity either but I can see it. I would expect the desktop at that point to be running at 360 fps on a 360 Hz refresh rate as I have an RTX 4080 Founders Edition graphics card.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Previous AW34 owners, still loving the aw32?

Been experimenting on my 4k 55 oled and I think I could go back to 16.9 since larger screen does help with immersive side of things and DLSS performance/balanced does tend to look better than native/dlss quality 3440x1440, using DLDSR 1.78x helps bring the clarity to same levels but not quite as good as true 4k display. So annoying nowadays how the games assets seem to be of higher quality when loaded in with higher resolutions, it's almost like devs have some background configurations to detect what quality to use depending on what your resolution is set, I wonder if this is a leftover from console port configuration.

Caporegime
AW32 is awesome but I've gone back to my 42, just miss the size a bit too much (plus it gives me the flexibility of a 39" UW resolution when I fancy it). 138Hz combined with OLED responsiveness is still pretty damn good tbh, although the smoothness of the 32/240 is another level! :)

Associate
I've asked this before but now a few more people have these monitors, does anyone else see flickering on the desktop when using the 360 Hz mode with G-SYNC enabled? Do you even see this with FreeSync on AMD GPUs?

It can be quite distracting on my AW2725DF and G-SYNC does seem to otherwise work fine but the VRR flickering is a constant annoyance (as well as a reminder that while close to perfection that this QD-OLED still isn't quite there yet!) and I do not want to have to keep turning G-SYNC off and on. I was playing Alan Wake 2 over the weekend and the flickering was even visible in-game. It's already bad enough that I have to that for HDR for games and media content.

Seems the only way to reduce flickering in games is to have a consistent framerate but that kind of defeats the reason for using G-SYNC (VRR) in the first place for me. And I don't quite understand why their is flickering on the desktop wallpaper when there is no activity either but I can see it. I would expect the desktop at that point to be running at 360 fps on a 360 Hz refresh rate as I have an RTX 4080 Founders Edition graphics card.

You may have an app that is triggering the flicker on desktop. I have found 2 apps that cause the flicker for me: fancontrol and Razer synapse. Luckily the flicker is only there if I have either open.

Maybe worth trying to close programs one at a time and see if you can identify the culprit.

Soldato

Been experimenting on my 4k 55 oled and I think I could go back to 16.9 since larger screen does help with immersive side of things and DLSS performance/balanced does tend to look better than native/dlss quality 3440x1440, using DLDSR 1.78x helps bring the clarity to same levels but not quite as good as true 4k display. So annoying nowadays how the games assets seem to be of higher quality when loaded in with higher resolutions, it's almost like devs have some background configurations to detect what quality to use depending on what your resolution is set, I wonder if this is a leftover from console port configuration.

I'm enjoying the 32" but it's smaller than the 34".
I feel the 34" was more immersive, but there are clear benefits of having this resolution and clarity

Associate
You may have an app that is triggering the flicker on desktop. I have found 2 apps that cause the flicker for me: fancontrol and Razer synapse. Luckily the flicker is only there if I have either open.

Maybe worth trying to close programs one at a time and see if you can identify the culprit.
That's a good shout.
I've had similar in the past with Photoshop.

I changed something in Nvidia control panel to fix it for that specific program - I can't remember what!

Associate
today i got my aw3225qf! i noticed, whenever my screen is on, the power button is flashing white. it is a bit distracting, especially while watching movies. is that white flashing light normal?

Back
Top Bottom