alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Soldato
OK so caved in. Managed to get student discount via my brother so £677 was hard to pass. I’ll use this on my laptop until I build a rig in Feb.

Same price as the Asus I was looking at but this will be covered by the Dell premium panel warranty for 3 years.

I'm just looking at this monitor now, I can buy it for £592 with my BLC discount of 20%, although if I want the 3 years Pro support it comes in a £642.

Does anyone know if the pro support is worth the extra £50?

XjM5SeL.jpg

Caporegime
Is the premium an on site swap out with faster response times? I know they usually ship a new monitor next day as standard and collect your faulty one a few days later.

Soldato
I pulled the trigger and included the pro support. Can't wait for delivery in the next few days. :)

I just did the exact same thing, only signed up for BLC yesterday too and only got the monitor because it pushed it below £600 which is insane!

Fingers crossed for us both in the monitor lottery.. :D

Soldato
I just did the exact same thing, only signed up for BLC yesterday too and only got the monitor because it pushed it below £600 which is insane!

What percentage was the blc giving? 20%? I tried my defence discount card which is similar and only got 10%.

Edit. Nevermind just seen earlier posts

Soldato

Bloody hate this about buying a new monitor. They all should be 100% issue free, straight out if the box.

But I paid the extra £50, so any dead pixels and it's going back.

Stu

Stu

Soldato
OK so caved in. Managed to get student discount via my brother so £677 was hard to pass. I’ll use this on my laptop until I build a rig in Feb.

Same price as the Asus I was looking at but this will be covered by the Dell premium panel warranty for 3 years.

Good call! This price is even lower than the summer sale, which was £799 (I used BLC and TCB to get it for £615). I don't think things will change between now and Feb... the only other real option is the LG 34GK950G, with is no doubt slightly better, but personally the difference does not justify the >£500 price difference. The LG has only just come available, and stock is in short supply, so I don't see the price dropping dramatically in t
the next 3 months.

From my experience with my previous Dell monitor, the support is excellent, and when I needed a replacement, they first delivered the new monitor and then took the old one a week later, so I had zero down time... can't ask for better than that!

Soldato
For those who used their BLC have you received a shipped notification yet?

Mine is still showing as processing, even though delivery is expected for tomorrow. I am wondering if they are going to honour this deal.
:confused:

Stu

Stu

Soldato
For those who used their BLC have you received a shipped notification yet?

Mine is still showing as processing, even though delivery is expected for tomorrow. I am wondering if they are going to honour this deal.
:confused:

They honoured my order and many others online said the same in the summer. Dell is a big company, and this deal is clearly not a glitch, so I think you're good.

The one thing I learnt in the summer was not to believe the website when it indicates one day shipping and next day delivery... most people had about 5 days wait before they got the monitor.

Soldato
They honoured my order and many others online said the same in the summer. Dell is a big company, and this deal is clearly not a glitch, so I think you're good.

The one thing I learnt in the summer was not to believe the website when it indicates one day shipping and next day delivery... most people had about 5 days wait before they got the monitor.

Dell have always been like that tbh. Delivery estimates are always terrible.

Associate
I'm my own worst enemy! I've been hovering over the buy button as soon as I saw the deal for £752 but didn't go through with the purchase. I finally decide to bite the bullet and stop faffing around and now the price has gone up... Oh will I never learn.... :(

Back
Top Bottom