alienware AW3418DW Availability in the UK?

Stu

Stu

Soldato
Feels way too dark? Especially during the day.

It will feel dark compared to what you have been using, but give it a day to get used to. Similar to getting a new TV which is set to vivid out the box, and movie mode seems flat, but you soon realise that movie mode is closer to real colours.

Associate
Mine is now up for sale in MM. Love the monitor, just cannot get back into gaming like I thought I would.
Ain't that the truth. I spent £3000 on my full setup I got a friend who spent similar at the same time with me. Now both of us are struggling to find games we want to play. Either we are getting old or there just isn't enough variety of games at the mo. It's funny cos I've never seen so many options for systems and monitors and consoles but options for games seems weaker than ever.

But the monitor is something special tho!

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Ain't that the truth. I spent £3000 on my full setup I got a friend who spent similar at the same time with me. Now both of us are struggling to find games we want to play. Either we are getting old or there just isn't enough variety of games at the mo. It's funny cos I've never seen so many options for systems and monitors and consoles but options for games seems weaker than ever.

But the monitor is something special tho!

I think it's part of getting older. When we are younger our imaginations are so much more powerful and vivid, now I'm just old and cynical with not much time :D

Associate
Hi all,

Anyone heard anything about this monitor? Dell website saying 3-5 weeks until available, but I thought it had already come out last year.

Looking to get a 3440x1440 superwide monitor with 120Hz and GSYNC. Any alternatives? The only ones I am seeing at the moment is the alienware and the Predator X34P and neither seem to be available anywhere.

Predator X34P is end of life and the X35P is the replacement and that’s 200Mhz with GSYNC.

Soldato
How much was the basics arm? I recall people saying it's a rebranded Ergotron LX at a cheaper price - can see the LX available at £120 and wondering if that's a good deal (which is in stock and can be with me this evening!)

I hadn't looked into it much, I got mine for £99. No complaints from me with with the arm so far.

Associate
I've just ordered one from dell and managed to get it for £850 which i am very happy with! How will my 980ti hold up at this resolution?

Associate
It'll depend somewhat on the games you're playing but my old 980ti is proving adequate for everything I play... And gsync takes care of the rest

My poor old 980Ti is absolutely choking. I have to play Destiny 2 on LOW just to get a more or less reliable 100FPS.

Looking forward to the RTX 2080 or a steeply discounted 1080Ti :)

Soldato
My HTC 1080 at 2.1Ghz just about letting me enjoy this monitor but wouldn't want any less power. Sort of wish I'd plumped for 1080Ti but got the 1080 for £439.99 black Friday which put a 1080Ti at 50% more.

Point is respect the power needed people:) don't go less than 1070Ti

Back
Top Bottom