Alienware m18x or m17x r4?

Associate
hope this works. So far the Laptop is a dream accept for the 1 st 40 mins, had a problem with the Bluetooth drive which i had to uninstall and install the update this played havoc with turning the system on. Also updated the Bios. All is good now

Associate
Hello peps.
Was wondering if any of you used some sort of anti-glare protection/film/whatever on a laptop? Was thinking ....if I get m17x or m18x their screens could reflects quite a bit in factory form but saw a Anti-Glare Screen Protector and was wondering if it will help to eliminate slightly the issue?

Associate
ahh Dell are driving me mad, im having some problems with my new laptop and Dell are absolutely crap with customer support. Keep getting past along with nobody knowing what the hell to do, iv spoken to 4 technicians and spent over 3 hours on the phone still not resolved and now i have to wait to speak to customer service till 6pm tonight before i can complain. Shocking the way i have been treated and seriously thinking of a refund and forgetting alienware.

Soldato
Mine is going back for a refund as well. I was selling but it died and now will not power on. Alienware support have been horrid to deal with. Just to get them to agree to a refund involved Barclaycard reminding them off the sale of goods act as they would not take any of it.

Biggest bunch of Cowboys I have dealt with tbh. Once this is refunded I will not be buying anything from Dell again.

They were quite helpful at first but as soon as you mention a refund they change and are a nightmare.

Associate
Sorry to hear your problems guys.

Moogleys, since you're returning your R4 and you've had it more than 7 days, do you still need to pay for restocking and courier fee? I'm just wondering since I have a problem with my 7720 which I've had for 3 months or so and thinking of returning it. I've had issues with the Blu-Ray, then a whole load of BSOD's and I'm really not sure what's causing it despite trawling through forums and talking with Dell tech support. The machine has been working ok the past few days but I'm not sure it's gonna stay that way! If you could let me know I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

Soldato
No as it is faulty, The 7 day rule only applies if you change your mind under DSR.

Having a complete nightmare with Dell tbh. I have been told the accounts dept is not open today and to call back tomorrow then hung up on. They are beyond useless and I'm now looking at claiming my money back through Barclaycard as I'm getting nowhere with Dell.

I will never buy another Dell product again after this there service is beyond shocking.

Associate
That is terrible, Moogleys.

I did return an XPS 15 because of WiFi issues once before. I was put through to tech support who tried to tell me it was a software issue when it clearly isn't as basically everyone who's bought that model has had this issue. The guy was almost aggresive that we do some troubleshooting but I starkly told him I was not keeping it and demanded my money back. Was then palmed off to a few dept's before talking to a nice lady who said it was no problem to return it, no restocking fee or courier collection charge. Maybe I was lucky so hope it's not this difficult if I decide to return my 7720.

I don't know what Dell are up to these days from what I've seen with friends/colleagues and others on here and other Dell/AW forums it does appear they'll killing their reputation due to non-CS compliance, which in a modern company is so so so soooooooo important! Their loss.

Hope you get on alright. Any idea what laptop you might replace it with?

Associate
I'm part of a gaming community and told them my story its just put about 400 people off buying a Dell product. Will be emailing Dell about my nasty experience. I am now waiting on pick up and once refund has happened i will be a proud GS70 stealth owner.

Soldato
Dell customer support has gone downhill for a while now... I posted a while back with the issues I had with my M17x R4. i eventually got a whole replacement however I really did jump through a lot of hoops to get there.

Alienware /Dell are not what they used to be. Sad times really. They need to get their customer support sorted, its killing what reputation they had really.

Soldato
That's another promised call back from Dell that has not happened. Only three times now.

Just called and been told that the department is closed and they will call tomorrow. :confused:

I informed them that I will be putting in a claim for lost time and will be filling a claim with Barclaycard and the small claims court.

Dell are nothing more than a backstreet con company, their people have no idea what they are doing and half the time do not understand basic english. I look forward to watching the demise of the company and will have a small celebration when they go under.

Rage over.... :)

Associate
I know the feeling with the poor service,

M17x arrived from the (In-let)

volume down button, alienfx on the screen and microphone array didnt work.

After the first callout they had fixed the volume and array but installed the wrong screen and no fx.

Second callout, Correct screen, and fx but no microphone array.

Third callout, Correct screen, still no array

fourth Callout, Who knows? i will find out tomorrow

The amount of screen changes has been crazy, but ive lost faith in (hell) completely and ill be selling the machine once its fixed, if it ever gets fixed at this rate.

That reminds me the amount of promised callbacks is ridiculous, im still waiting for a callback from the escalation department.

Soldato
They finally collected mine. But I'm still waiting for my money back and no surprise another call back to see what is happening.

They are beyond a joke and deserve to go under in my opinion.

Soldato
Your all a small percentage of people who are having problems. Persoanlly my m17x 4r has been flawless and I know of many others who think the same.

The only issue was when ordering mine it took ages.

Back
Top Bottom