** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man of Honour
£200k/week sounds too rich... but Manyoo might be willing to pip Citeh's £110k/week limit ;).

Even £110k sounds an awful lot to me, but I suppose it's worth it.

It depends what Chelsea do.

Another story:

Dimitar Berbatov could be used as bait to land Robert Lewandowski

Manchester United face a race against time to land Polish striker Robert Lewandowski – with a departing Dimitar Berbatov potentially key to the Reds’ hopes of landing one of Europe’s hottest young properties. The clock is ticking on two counts for United as they home in on the man who scored a hat-trick for Borussia Dortmund in the German Cup final in front of Sir Alex Ferguson earlier this month. Lewandowski, who also helped Dortmund to a second successive Bundesliga title this season, is about to be paraded before of a wider audience as Poland’s key man at Euro 2012. And Berbatov – who could be used as part-exchange for the 23-year-old striker – is already catching the eye of other clubs after admitting his four year Old Trafford career is as good as over.

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereve...ld-be-used-as-bait-to-land-robert-lewandowski

That would be interesting and ultimately a fairly wise thing to do, especially if completed before the Euros!

Last edited:
Soldato
5m is apparently what Hazard's agent wants and City have said no. So this transfer will come down to if Hazard wants to force through the transfer himself or he will go to the club that is willing to pay that fee.

If Hazard does end up elsewhere we are looking at Belhanda supposedly. Watching vids on YouTube eg http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah9AHU1EQno he is very skilful, fast and has a great pass on him. Not and out and out winger which is what we need really (I know Hazard isn't one either)

Caporegime
It's plainly obvious that Hazard's agent is filling his head with rubbish while only looking out for himself and his big payday. I don't understand why players stick with agents that are so clearly only after as big a payday as they can get for themselves and the best thing for their client seems to be a very distant second.

fez

fez

Caporegime
It's plainly obvious that Hazard's agent is filling his head with rubbish while only looking out for himself and his big payday. I don't understand why players stick with agents that are so clearly only after as big a payday as they can get for themselves and the best thing for their client seems to be a very distant second.

What do agents actually do for players. Wouldn't it be a lot better to have a system where agents are "hired" and have no financial interest in the deal.

They pretty much all seem to be a nightmare.

Soldato
What do agents actually do for players. Wouldn't it be a lot better to have a system where agents are "hired" and have no financial interest in the deal.

They pretty much all seem to be a nightmare.

To be honest it's down to the clubs to just not bow down to the pressures of such silly agents. No player in the world should be restricted to where they go because of the amount of money some guy wants for touting them...

My club (Southampton) apparently have a bad reputation for laughing out ridiculous agent demands at the moment as apparently our chairman is an agents worst nightmare (resulting in several bleating to silly news papers about his unreasonable attitudes). So far he's shown no player is bigger than the club and gotten decent players in without stupid money.

Man of Honour
Real Madrid are after Silva and Aguero from City apparently. I can't see either of them going though unless RM pay a fortune.

Hazard's agent wants 6m Euros apparently, which is outrageous! :p

Last edited:
Soldato
To be honest it's down to the clubs to just not bow down to the pressures of such silly agents. No player in the world should be restricted to where they go because of the amount of money some guy wants for touting them...

My club (Southampton) apparently have a bad reputation for laughing out ridiculous agent demands at the moment as apparently our chairman is an agents worst nightmare (resulting in several bleating to silly news papers about his unreasonable attitudes). So far he's shown no player is bigger than the club and gotten decent players in without stupid money.

Rumours say Cashley is the same, need more sense in the game. I don't understand what Hazards agent would do to deserve 5mill.

As someone said agents should be hired per xfer and get a set % of the transfer fee as their fee thus stopping them both touting and unsettling players (and staling xfers)

Soldato
Rumours say Cashley is the same, need more sense in the game. I don't understand what Hazards agent would do to deserve 5mill.

As someone said agents should be hired per xfer and get a set % of the transfer fee as their fee thus stopping them both touting and unsettling players (and staling xfers)

Oh right that's good, show's success with transfers can still be had.

Hazards agent is treating him like he owns the rights to Hazard so can command what ever fee he likes. Hopefully the player catches on to this nonsense and fires him...

That or some governing bodies clamp down on this as it could well be seen to straddle the line on 3rd party ownership...

Associate
That's what I never understood about the whole situation. Surely players realise that their agents aren't protecting the best interests of their careers? I suppose in Hazard's case he's so young that his mind is easily poisoned. If it were me, I'd tell my agent where to go and try and join which ever club I preferred.

Soldato
That's what I never understood about the whole situation. Surely players realise that their agents aren't protecting the best interests of their careers? I suppose in Hazard's case he's so young that his mind is easily poisoned. If it were me, I'd tell my agent where to go and try and join which ever club I preferred.

totally agree with you in general - however, very few foreign players have their heart set on one particular club (not just foreign to an english club, Im meaning all players joining a different European /World wide club)

So knowing which one you "prefer" isnt particularly easy - if you see what I mean.

Personally always thought agents should get a set % of transfer (the bargaining of which has nothing to do with them)

There will always be loopholes of course, no matter how its organised.

Soldato
I don't see why they should take any of the money as it passes from one club to another. They do a job for the player, that's where their wages should be coming from. I get why it happens, agents obviously have a fair degree of influence over players and financially rewarding the agent can be the difference between a transfer happening or not. I guess it's gone on so much over the years that it's standard practice now, it's far from ethically sound though is it. Seems an awful lot like profiteering on their involvement with a valuable asset.

Caporegime
Lets be honest, the average footballer has the intelligence of a toddler so it's not really surprising to see how easy it is for agents to take advantage of them.

There are rules in place for agents but they need to be reassessed so footballers, and the clubs involved, can't have their pants pulled down so easily in future. Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if they're taxed by FIFA which would explain how they can get away with such ludicrous fees :o

Caporegime
Again, its not difficult, Hazard is in a low risk almost no lose situation.

Simple case of don't ask, don't get.

If he asked each club for 200k, he goes to Utd, asks for 200k, they offer 80k a week. So it tells City, who say, well we'll do 90k, he goes to Chelsea, they say, we'll do 110k, he goes to Real, they say we'll do 120k.

Etc, etc, etc, etc. Same goes for the agent, while there is interest, there is money to be made. Who says the agent keeps all the fee, for all you know Hazard has a deal with his agent to get a huge fee upfront and no 10% a year for the next 3 years, or gets half of anything the agent can get. Who knows, the simple fact is, don't ask and you certainly won't get, go high with demands and watch everyone interested slowly up their offer.

End of the day, if the offers stop at 125k a week, its still better than taking that first offer at 80k a week. He's got 2 months, lots of papers with nothing better to write, and a lot of clubs after him...... explain where he's doing something stupid because I can't see it. he's just looking for maximum money he can get, so is the agent, if clubs are stupid enough to get in a bidding war, more fool them, if they don't, he still gets the best offer he can find, and one of the clubs get who they wanted.

The slim risk is, pee around all summer and everyone might buy alternate players and no one has the transfer money left of wage budget to actually buy him..... not a huge chance of that though.

Soldato
Biz (welcome back by the way) do you think Hazard wants to sign for City?
Cheers :D

Well from what i know/read/heard he came to the derby, was shown houses in Manchester and had talks with people like Marwood etc. So he does have an interest in joining us i think. There are lots of reasons for him to come to us!

It is said he is ready to sign but his agent is asking for £5m!
We had a similar problem when Nasri wanted to join but he went over his agent and got the deal done. It doesn't look like he is going to do that.
He seems happy to wait and see if any club rather than miss out just pays his agent.

Will be a few weeks before he goes anywhere i think.

Associate
totally agree with you in general - however, very few foreign players have their heart set on one particular club (not just foreign to an english club, Im meaning all players joining a different European /World wide club)

So knowing which one you "prefer" isnt particularly easy - if you see what I mean.

Personally always thought agents should get a set % of transfer (the bargaining of which has nothing to do with them)

There will always be loopholes of course, no matter how its organised.

I do see what you mean. If that were the case then obviously it doesn't matter where he ends up, but if it gets to the stage where his agents actions are actually preventing any transfer going through then Hazard has to step in and slap him in the face.

Soldato
Can understand Hazard's agent, one of the very best young players in the world and he's been at Lille for 7 years, his agent has never had his big pay day, also his agent won't be getting the £5m, he will get a bit but most will probably go to the company who he works for (assuming he does work for a company)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom