** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
what a bizarre decision. the man's a machine, they should have had no hesitation in giving him a 2 yr contract, if anything for his cl performances.

step up torres lolz

You dont know they didn't offer it to him...

Legend of a player, wish him the best of luck.

Associate
Don't forget Drogba was MIA in many games last season and even early in this one, and because of his age will become increasingly incapable of regular playtime in such a physically demanding league.

Drogba himself probably realises this and welcomes the pay-day in a less competitive league where he can expect more time on the pitch.

Soldato
Don't forget Drogba was MIA in many games last season and even early in this one, and because of his age will become increasingly incapable of regular playtime in such a physically demanding league.

Drogba himself probably realises this and welcomes the pay-day in a less competitive league where he can expect more time on the pitch.

Having malaria probably didnt help.

The premier league is losing a great character and player. Will be sad to see him leave :(

Soldato
Dimitar Berbatov will be offered in part-exchange to Borussia Dortmund in return for Poland international striker Robert Lewandowski.

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/fo...-in-bid-to-land-prolific-polish-striker-16616

think thats more media speculation rather than anything definite (no knocking Lewandowski intended)

The premier league is losing a great character and player. Will be sad to see him leave :(

Losing a big girl's blouse too (wont be sorry to see the back of his time wasting, thats for sure):D

Man of Honour
Levy in Vertonghen talks - Spurs chairman flies to Holland

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy has flown to Amsterdam to try and conclude a deal for Ajax defender Jan Vertonghen.

A host of Premier League clubs have been tracking the Belgian international, but he has indicated his preference is to move to White Hart Lane.

He has called on Ajax not to stand in his way and to come to agreement with Spurs, and now talks are on-going - although the two clubs appear to be some way apart in their valuations.

Levy has been pictured by the Dutch media at the Amsterdam ArenA, where he is holding talks, along with Vertonghen's agent Mustapha Nakhli.

Ajax financial director Jeroen Slop and commercial director Henri van der Aat met with Levy to continue talks over the Belgian.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7771211/Levy-in-Vertonghen-talks

Sounds like Spurs are favourites for him then, you'd think Arsenal would have at least tried.

Caporegime
To be fair we don't need another center back sitting on the bench, though he would probably have strengthened the midfield I expect Wenger has an eye on putting his Coq in midfield next season. The (hopeful) return of Wilshere will also put Wenger off Vertonghen as well I imagine. We've got central midfielders coming out of our ears and more CB's than you could shake a stick at.

Desperately need a right back though.

Last edited:
Soldato
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11675/7771211/Levy-in-Vertonghen-talks

Sounds like Spurs are favourites for him then, you'd think Arsenal would have at least tried.

i think arsenal are/were interested but would need to shift atleast 1 cb out to justify it. spurs need repleneshing in this position, i don't even know if bassong is still a spurs player, dawson is crocked, gallas can't stay fit, king is unreliable, only kaboul has been consistent.

modric going to hand in a transfer request soon, stating another season without cl participation as his main but the figure being talked about is a £50m price tag by levy (who i think has accepted modric's situation) but levy would prefer he went abroad, possibly real madrid but they wont pay £50m, abramovich is still keen and as modric would prefer to stay in london, is the more likely move other than united.

adebayor has tweeted saying how much he enjoyed his spell at spurs and wants to stay. talk of a £4m signing on fee and £100k pw wages from us being offered up. BAE also going to be offered a new deal when i think we should be looking elsewhere.

fez

fez

Caporegime
so, fork out for another (unproven at chelsea) striker + wages, or keep a perfectly good and highly proven and experienced (at chelsea) striker for another 2 yrs?

The guy that says he doesn't want to be a bit part player for the last few years of his career. The guy that has not performed that well this year by his own standards.

He has just won the champions league which he will never do again so to leave on that is not a bad idea. Chelsea need to invest in some top players and keeping drogba about won't help. The club don't want to lose him but he would end up being a Berbatov if Chelsea bought a new striker.

Man of Honour
It seems that Chelsea are trying to sign Lucas Moura (in the region of £32m), so this may mean they aren't going for Hazard.

Someone at BBC Radio Five Live has said they believe Hazard to Man Utd is a done deal for £32m, and Belgian papers have reported it as well.

No I don't believe any of it but I'm living in hope! :p

so, fork out for another (unproven at chelsea) striker + wages, or keep a perfectly good and highly proven and experienced (at chelsea) striker for another 2 yrs?

There's no doubt Drogba is a fantastic player but he's very much in decline. Okay, he popped up with the goods in the important games but he can't be relied on to do that in every game and he would probably command a fairly large salary.

It's wise of Chelsea to use Torres and possibly get in another striker. Like Man City, they aren't really too worried about money. Cavani/Hulk or someone could be a great option for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom