** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Have heard/read that we have made final offers on Thiago Silva (No idea why) and Eden Hazard.
The sticking point with Hazard is his agent. Like Nasri he is trying to force a big agents fee, so we will see if he either drops the fee or Hazard overrides him. The fee and wages are agreed though, with every club maybe. It just seems like his agent is stalling the transfer to see which club will pay his fee.

The Silva offer is bizarre because of the transfer fee, wages and his age. Also the fact Lescott has been fantastic this season and has built a great partnership with Kompany.

Soldato
Maybe Hazard thinks he is better than Valencia /Nani /Young but not as good as Silva /Nasri /...... (admittedly Silva's had a more free role recently but he has been known to play wide as well)

(Im not saying he is, or isnt - just one way the kid could be thinking)

He would also have more chance of getting starts in United's CM positions also rather than sitting on the bench

True, with the quality of our central midfield he's almost guaranteed to start! It would be good if we did sign him, as he looks like he has absolutely loads of potential, but I just won't believe it until I see it.

Soldato
Have heard/read that we have made final offers on Thiago Silva (No idea why) and Eden Hazard.
The sticking point with Hazard is his agent. Like Nasri he is trying to force a big agents fee, so we will see if he either drops the fee or Hazard overrides him.

Ive understood from the past that agent fees at Utd are very strict indeed, no matter who the signing so I would be surprised to hear Utd are willing to pay more in this area....but who knows

Tom (or a few others) may be aware of more on the subject

True, with the quality of our central midfield he's almost guaranteed to start! It would be good if we did sign him, as he looks like he has absolutely loads of potential, but I just won't believe it until I see it.

Most definitely wont believe it until there is a picture of him holding a Utd shirt with his name /number on the back

Last edited:
Soldato
Ive understood from the past that agent fees at Utd are very strict indeed, no matter who the signing so I would be surprised to hear Utd are willing to pay more in this area....but who knows

Tom (or a few others) may be aware of more on the subject
Well we are taking a similar stance it seems.
We aren't paying what Hazard's want, neither is anyone else it seems and last season Nasri apparently forced through the transfer because he wanted to join us and was getting annoyed at his agent asking for a huge fee.

Man of Honour
Thiago Silva is brilliant and would wipe the floor with Lescott. I wouldn't be complaining about him if I were a City fan, especially given the fact money isn't even remotely an issue.

Man of Honour
Well we are taking a similar stance it seems.
We aren't paying what Hazard's want, neither is anyone else it seems and last season Nasri apparently forced through the transfer because he wanted to join us and was getting annoyed at his agent asking for a huge fee.

Where have you seen that about Hazard and the agent problems, etc?

Soldato
Thiago Silva is brilliant and would wipe the floor with Lescott. I wouldn't be complaining about him if I were a City fan, especially given the fact money isn't even remotely an issue.
I am not doubting his ability nor the price he commands but i just think it isn't the right transfer for City.
Where have you seen that about Hazard and the agent problems, etc?
Well people have mentioned it on Bluemoon Forum as well as a good family friend works for MEN and has heard it.

I am in no way saying it is true just what i have heard/read.

Something else i have read is that Hazard and Yaya have the same agent. Perhaps the comments about Yaya from the said agent were meant to try and force us to paying his fees or he would start trying to pull Yaya away from us.
A long shot but nothing would surprise me if his comments were part of a bigger plan.

Soldato
Silva and Kompany at the back would be a scary prospect, but it's not like City to recruit where they need it so they'll probably sign some more attacking midfielders and strikers.
:D

Thinking about the Silva transfer, good chance AC will want Tevez again so maybe a straight swap could be on the cards. Good transfer for both parties if that was the case.

Caporegime
Kompany + Silva = FM demi god defence.

Actually, Nesta (not to mention a lot of other players) are leaving Milan aren't they? Someone sign him up :(

I don't care that he's old, plagued by injuries and has lost what little pace he had. Please sign him up someone :(

Man of Honour
Looks like the rumours were right about Dortmund pushing up Kagawa's price. Still, it's not that much given what players cost these days.

Borussia Dortmund's highly-rated Japanese midfielder Shinji Kagawa will cost prospective buyers around 20 million euros (£16.17m).

The club's owner Hans-Joachim Watzke revealed the German champions want a 'princely sum' despite the 23-year-old having just a year remaining on his contract.

Kagawa, who netted 17 goals for Dortmund this season to help them secure a second consecutive title, has already met for talks with Manchester United boss Alex Ferguson, while he has also been linked to other high-profile clubs including Arsenal, Chelsea and AC Milan.

But Watzke told Sport Bild that the club would not be fooled into selling him for a derisory price.

"We all know the abilities of Shinji, his youth and the value he adds to this side," said Watzke.

"I also note what Bayern Munich paid for goalkeeper Manuel Neuer (22 million euros from Schalke last year).

"He also only had a year left on his contract. Given those facts we can certainly expect a princely sum for him."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/7770015/Dortmund-set-Kagawa-price

Soldato
so a bit of media coverage and WALLOP his price doubles

spurs on the other hand are into the dizzy heights of biddoig for junior hoillet and dembele apparently. whoopy.

fez

fez

Caporegime
so a bit of media coverage and WALLOP his price doubles

spurs on the other hand are into the dizzy heights of biddoig for junior hoillet and dembele apparently. whoopy.

I don't think that there was any price attached to him other than speculative ones from the media before now. Media interest will not affect the price Fergie is willing to pay for him.

Soldato
Media interest will not affect the price Fergie is willing to pay for him.

lol well ferguson may have a price in mind, unfortuanetly with interest comes price rise and his agent may have something to say about what fergie is willing to pay for him.

Man of Honour
I'd be happy with £16m as a rough figure. That's still relatively cheap for a player of his quality who could potentially be even better in future.

Associate
£16m is still a decent price for Kagawa. If I were Fergie, I'd have no problem paying that price. It's such a shame when agents stall transfers and demand higher fees. I understand they are supposed to have the players best interest at heart, but I don't think that is always the case these days.

fez

fez

Caporegime
lol well ferguson may have a price in mind, unfortuanetly with interest comes price rise and his agent may have something to say about what fergie is willing to pay for him.

I would think that very few clubs buy players on the basis of a newpaper article. They will have scouted a player for months before deciding if they want to bid on him. If there is a bidding war then his price may rise but clubs don't suddenly demand a large transfer because their player who is also out of contract next season is in the press.

I am sure there will be other clubs that have looked at him already. He will go for whatever people are willing to pay, his price won't change based on a few links to different clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom