** ALL NEW (WITH RULES) Summer Transfer Window 2012/2013 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's wise of Chelsea to use Torres and possibly get in another striker. Like Man City, they aren't really too worried about money. Cavani/Hulk or someone could be a great option for them.

Surely just like Man City, Chelsea must be struggling with FFP guidelines (given the $$$ they have doled out on managers in the last few years as well)

Strictly speaking (of course), they can buy 10 of the best players going and not even touch the sides let alone the bottom of RA's wallet, and of course last weekend's win will always attract some players.

RA needs to get the managerial position sorted pronto (unless he is planning on aquiring more players before/above any manager's consideration) - but with such a short career, it would take a brave player to agree to arrive currently (given RA's propensity to get rid of managers - unless last weekend changed all that too........, it might have for a short period)

I really think appointing Di Matteo full time would be a massive mistake by Abramovic. He's been able to turn Chelsea into a team that can grind out cup wins, but I haven't seen anything to convince me that he could have them challenging for the league title, especially not with the flowing, exciting football that the boss wants to see them play.

He may well prove me wrong, of course, but that's just the feeling I get.

I really think appointing Di Matteo full time would be a massive mistake by Abramovic. He's been able to turn Chelsea into a team that can grind out cup wins, but I haven't seen anything to convince me that he could have them challenging for the league title, especially not with the flowing, exciting football that the boss wants to see them play.

He may well prove me wrong, of course, but that's just the feeling I get.

I heard on the BBC podcast that apparently Abramovich really wants Guardiola to manage Chelsea but understands that Pep is taking at least a year out. He wants Chelsea to play Barca-esque football ultimately.

On the topic of Chelsea ignoring FFP rules because he has won the Champions League; both go hand in hand. You won't attract the best footballers if they know that there is no chance of being allowed to play in the Champions League. That is pretty much the main reason City will be strengthening again this summer, to compete in the CL. If you want to attract the best players and pay big wages you need to be in the CL to be able to afford it. The money you get from the CL is massive especially if you want to spend and comply to the FFP rules.

The transfer saga surrounding Jan Vertonghen is a curious one.

One of European football’s most wanted defenders, the Ajax skipper has been heavily linked with a move to England on a number of occasions in the past.

Arsenal have always been in contention to land the Belgian, and with international colleague Thomas Vermaelen on the books at the Emirates Stadium, the components appeared to be in place for the north London outfit to sweeten a possible deal.

However, it appears their rivals down the road are in pole position to land the 25-year-old, despite the dice not rolling in Spurs’ favour over the last few days.

Harry Redknapp does not have Champions League football to offer the former Waalwijk loanee, a usually decisive factor when it comes to luring the best players on offer in the transfer window.

That fact also means that the Gunners would be able to offer better wages than their rivals, who showed signs of brilliance in the Premier League last season but ultimately finished fourth.

It left the door open for Chelsea, providing they could do the unthinkable against Bayern Munich in the Champions League final at the Allianz Arena, and sure enough that final spot for an English club in Europe’s premier club competition was snatched away from White Hart Lane.

It doesn’t appear to have put Vertonghen off a possible move though, with reports in Holland claiming that he’s only willing to talk to Tottenham over a switch.

A figure in the region of £10 million is being muted, as the two parties look to negotiate a deal for a player who only has one-year left to run on his contract at the Amsterdam Arena.

Providing Daniel Levy can get the job done, Spurs will have a serious player on their hands for next season.

And, if Vertonghen does end up in a Spurs shirt next season, Arsenal fans will rightfully be scratching their heads as to just how or why this one got away from them.

True, the form of Laurent Koscielny was a major positive in the later stages of the season, but does Arsene Wenger really believe that his club is well set at the centre back position.

With the pressure on after a disastrous start last term, the Frenchman made his move to bring Per Mertesacker from Werder Bremen to the capital. However, the centre back’s inconsistency has left question marks over the long-term impact he could have for the club.

Injuries to Vermaelen have left the Gunners in the lurch in the past as well, and a defensive fragility has been exposed on countless occasions over the past few years. Rivals have constantly capitalised.

With that in mind, the 2011/12 Eredivisie Player of the Year would seem like the perfect signing for next season. With no silverware in the past seven years, the crowds are starting to get restless.

Vertonghen’s signing would certainly be a step in the right direction, with Arsenal looking to somehow close a 19-point gap on Manchester City and Manchester United next term.

Conceding fewer goals would be a good place to start, after 49 were shipped in last season. That compares with 29 from City and 33 from United. How much higher they might have finished with a similar defensive record is up for debate.

As it is, all signs point to the defender’s arrival at Tottenham, having taken in the sights on the final day of the season and liking what he saw again Fulham.

Arsenal’s loss will certainly be Spurs gain – providing they can pull this transfer off.

Mirror saying Baines to United for £12m... LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL!! £12m for Europe's best left back.... hahahahahahha :D

Just read that too

Wouldnt be that surprising (given Evra's getting on a little, and some of his performances last season were erratic to say the least, even before the fact Fabio is likely to be loaned out) - Im not sure how long LB's current deal is either

I see Owen Hargreaves is now unemployed again.

I could have sworn somebody said his career was over before he went to city, seems he didnt get the memo.

the whole Vertonghen thing is a joke, as in, there was never any assumption he would go to Arsenal over anyone else. Champs league football is NOT the draw people think it is, neither is international team mates, did Vertonghen cry himself to sleep that Vermaelen went to Arsenal, no. It's a job, do you turn down jobs in one place with better offers because your mate works somewhere else, few to no people do this.

For all we know Vermaelen is dead set against him joining Arsenal, maybe he thinks Wenger's a douche, or he doesn't like his team mates, or he hates London, or simply thinks Spurs are moving foward and they are moving backwards. Maybe he loves all that, thinks Arsenal are great, but Vertonghen doesn't want to push his best mate out to left back where Vermaelen really doesn't want to play and as a favour he won't join.

Fact is no one knows, but suggesting Arsenal are easily the better place to go because Spurs missed out on the champs league is stupid, as is the wages argument, Arsenal can't magically offer more just because they are in the champs league.

Meh, I have no idea if he's good, and don't much care about getting him either way as there are more important slots. Its this ridiculous "random journalist puts several facts together that possibly link one player to Arsenal, therefore it's almost a dead cert he'll move there, and if he doesn't, its some shocking story he doesn't ".

As a defender, Arsenal's defence is seen as a joke, its got no decent fullbacks and 32 CB's of which 2 are actually top notch(and yet still end up part of a joke defence that get's embarassed constantly)........ ultimately as a defender you'll be rated on the defence you join, and Arsenal aren't an attractive prospect for most defenders "hey, come join a stupid defence that makes constant mistakes and is laughed at throughout Europe.... ruin your reputation and be part of a poor defence in a stagnant team that won't compete for anything anytime soon.... wooo".

Mirror saying Baines to United for £12m... LOLOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLL!! £12m for Europe's best left back.... hahahahahahha :D

I'm just gutted rodwell was injured for sections of the season, I was sure we would offload his average backside to united for >15m :(

Hopefully next year he can have a decent run in the side so we can get shot while he's worth something.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-french-connection-for-newcastle-7778785.html

Never heard of the bloke, sounds like a squad player from what I hear.

Saying Simpson looks set to go, undoubtedly his greed will see him to "great" things like Zogbia, Barton, Nolan the rest. Don't let the door hot you on the butt on the way out.

Guthrie going as well which is sad to see but he wants first team football and I can respect that, did a great job for us last year and I only hope he goes onto better things.

Also one transfer fell through and rumours saying Ba may be gone both because Cashley is sticking to his guns and not folding as both players apparently have stupid numbers of advisors all wanting wads of cash to do nothing :rolleyes: would be disappointing to miss out on players like this but respect to Cashley for sticking to his guns and saving the club money.

Personally I'm not buying the Baines rumour, makes no sense to offload one senior LB to Benfica on loan only to bring another one in, unless of course Fergie knows Fabio has no long term future at the club (which if that's the case why not just sell him this summer instead of loaning him?)

The latest on Hazard is his agent has said he's now agreed terms with 3 PL sides (presumably us, City and Chelsea) and all that's left is for him to decide which of the 3 he wants to sign for. If that's true then I guess if he goes to City (or Chelsea) we can't really blame him for going where the money is.....

Last edited:
The latest on Hazard is his agent has said he's now agreed terms with 3 PL sides (presumably us, City and Chelsea) and all that's left is for him to decide which of the 3 he wants to sign for. If that's true then I guess if he goes to City (or Chelsea) we can't really blame him for going where the money is.....

Yeah, I saw that. We'll know within the next 10 days.

It all depends on the terms, they may be similar, if reports of his preference are true and our offer is only slightly worse, he may end up with us. Doubt it though. :(

There are some new reports that Chelsea are trying to get Kagawa as well, as his sponsor would prefer he joined them... could be nonsense though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom