All Three One Plans to be cancelled from today

Soldato
Am still on one plan @ £20 per month

Got my pac code, going to EE, unlimited calls and texts, 6gb 4g, wifi calling and double 4g, 12 month sim only, £9.99 per month (via redemption)

Will save me £120 a year and hopefully have better coverage and VoLTE is rolling out currently

Soldato
Am still on one plan @ £20 per month

Got my pac code, going to EE, unlimited calls and texts, 6gb 4g, wifi calling and double 4g, 12 month sim only, £9.99 per month (via redemption)

Will save me £120 a year and hopefully have better coverage and VoLTE is rolling out currently

I'm hoping you're on an Iphone 6 or above or you won't get Wifi Calling or VoLTE unless you flash an EE firmware to your phone.

Soldato
Soldato
dont know why that guy is getting his pants in a bunch, just phone them and get swapped onto a cheaper sim only deal with 12gb tether rather than letting it auto roll onto the more expensive option.

His argument is that Three advertise "make things right when they suck", yet they feel it's appropriate to increase his bill by 100%. Why should he have to phone them to make his bill suck less?

Soldato
His argument is that Three advertise "make things right when they suck", yet they feel it's appropriate to increase his bill by 100%. Why should he have to phone them to make his bill suck less?

maybe its just a generic plan that they've bumped everyone to based on average costs and settings. maybe they dont have the manpower to analyse everyone individually.

Soldato
So I have just got my letter today saying i am being moved and it will be £30 a month.

My tip would be don't make contact with them in any shape, way or form, if you are still on a one plan. This letter coincides with me contacting them 4 days ago as I needed a nano sim oppose to a micro sim and then i get this letter 4 days later which seems very coincidental.

I will be upping sticks as I was not a massive data user anyway 4-6GB and they would not offer me a remotely attractive deal. It was something along the lines of £18 a month for 8 GB of data.

Soldato
I moved my families plans a year ago (3 of them) when it was £15 a month for 200 mins unlimited texts, unlimited data and 4gb tethering.

They're all still on that - at the time I believe I did recommend it was better to make the call than have them make the call for you :)

Associate
Well it happened, dodged the bullet for so long and got the letter through today. Going to go from £15 to £30 and they're taking away my unlimited tethering (not that I barely used it).
Doesn't even bother me but the letters written like they're doing me a favour, they can jog on.

Who would people recommend for a SIM only plan these days that includes 4g?

Soldato
Do you want tethering or not as that is a factor in the pricing. Three still have some pretty competitive plans not the all in plan though but that was always a tad special anyway. I wouldn't touch vodaphone or o2. So that leaves BT and EE both also have good plans but just be wary if you want the tethering

Soldato
oops thanks for heads-up - you lot saying about getting letters in post made my remember I took out my rolling contract before I moved house - as I don't get physical bills I'd forgotten to change my address

all sorted now

which prob. means I'l get a letter now - unless it has already gone to old address !

Associate
Same here, I got the letter today, not happy, but as they say all good things come to an end :(

I'm a BT customer so would like to go to the £20 but they won't allow tethering will they? which Mobile firms do?

Back
Top Bottom