* Alton Towers - May 18th/19th 2006 *

Berserker said:
We might want to pre-book for that this time (although they did fit us in, it was a bit of a panic :D).

We ended up spliting the group last because some people didn't like indian, we need to give some consideration as to whether we want to do that again or not. The food at the Pub was good too if I remember rightly and they seemed to have quite a big restaraunt. I would be up for another visit to that indian though :)

Just another point, last time we had trouble getting into what seemed to be the only place in town with a late licence as Uttoxeter seems to be the only place left in the world which has a total ban on trainers in bars. By the time we have left AT got back to the hotel, changed and eaten we only had time for one beer before the pubs closed :(, I don't know if we will be able to negotiate going back to the B&B and using their public area for a few swift cans, Piggy might be able to negotiate it but I would imagine the chances fall dramatically if we don't fill the B&Bs rooms.

MB

Once we know who is coming we can have a poll as to what food would suit everyone :)

If we can fill the B&B I will speak to the nice man again and ask his views about drinking in the dining area ... if it's just us there I can't see it being a problem as we won't be disturbing anyone but we MUST leave it clean and tidy .. I don't care how drunk we get

Matblack said:
We ended up spliting the group last because some people didn't like indian, we need to give some consideration as to whether we want to do that again or not. The food at the Pub was good too if I remember rightly and they seemed to have quite a big restaraunt. I would be up for another visit to that indian though :)

MB

A few of us went for an Italian across town *Is uttoxetter a town?? :p*

Was extremely good. Again - turning up as a group of 8 caused a bit of a fluff as they re-arranged tables but was great.

Simon/~Flibster

Pax and Mrs Pax will be coming down on the 19th We live on the train(not phone) line, so will just come down for the day's activities and dinner and drinkies for the evening :)

Pax

P.S. We DO NOT do a gold thong double act.

Last edited:
pax said:
Does that mean you'll be drinking and dancing too?

I think Mrs Pax can sit in the corner with you as you are both slow drinkers :p

Pax
Yes I will be if I make it to it (still not certain) :p
But I am a slow drinker, I can't help it :o

Back
Top Bottom