* Alton Towers - May 18th/19th 2006 *

Haly said:
I'd probably look terrified to death or maybe I've already done that look :o Still doesn't stop me wanting to go on it though :D

Are you sure?

This is Megaphobia from Oakwood (no inversions)

fobiaview6sa.jpg

And THIS is NEMESIS! (lots!)

1001301a1cu.jpg

MB

Bah, Nemsis is soft. Actually, that's not fair - Air is soft. Nemesis isn't the 'heaviest' lollercoaster I've been on, but it's still one of the best.

The alton towers rates will be Winter ones as the hotel and SL remains open throughout the winter just nto the park so currently wont include ticket prices, i can try and get a hold of the future prices but nothings confirmed yet etc. so they coudl change, also if you want any info on uttoxeter then am sure i could get some (live there) dillingers, the wine bar still operate their smart casual rule, eg. no trainers, but some more places may be open, but not necesarly (can't spell that) late, eg. past 11pm

+ the chippys are good enough for food :D

Haly said:
Nemesis can be my 'Everest' this year :cool:

You'll have to have Oblivion as your K2 then!

alton19zt.jpg

If that doesn't look that bad, the rail is very very wide! its actually a very very long steap drop and despite the fact it took me two gos to keep my eyes open the first time I went, I ALWAYS make sure I go on it twice :)

MB

Last edited:
Oof no Oblivion please :/
I don't like the idea of going straight down like that. Something about it that just makes me think nooooo.

I found Oblivion scarier than Nemesis, Nemesis I barely had time to recover from one inversion or turn when the next when came along, whereas Oblivion freaked me out especially the more I watched it inthe queue! Air was not scary at all, just a bit weird and left my jaw muscles aching for some reason :s

what's the deal with rooms at SL? I'll book up at the BnB once I know I have somewhere to stay on the 18th! :)

ricky1981 said:
I found Oblivion scarier than Nemesis, Nemesis I barely had time to recover from one inversion or turn when the next when came along, whereas Oblivion freaked me out especially the more I watched it inthe queue! Air was not scary at all, just a bit weird and left my jaw muscles aching for some reason :s

what's the deal with rooms at SL? I'll book up at the BnB once I know I have somewhere to stay on the 18th! :)

Book the B&B the room at Alton will be sorted later this week but you will have to lump in with a group and someone will have to book it (just to reserve not prepayment) for the group.

Your jaw muscles were aching because you were smiling I suspect, Air is one of the dreamiest coasters I have been on, its just a joy and not scary at all :)

MB

I've booked a twin room at the B+B and will be auditioning for anyone that wants the other bed. CVs to the usual address. :D

I left a brand new just-opened shower gel in there last year so you never know, fingers crossed...

Belmit said:
I've booked a twin room at the B+B and will be auditioning for anyone that wants the other bed. CVs to the usual address. :D

I left a brand new just-opened shower gel in there last year so you never know, fingers crossed...

Well I have a CV but it only ever got me the one job! I'd be up for crashing with you if you don't mind sharing with another bloke

Folks, folks, sadly I cannot make this trip, but you have not experienced anything unless you have been on this baby !

x2_mattnelson.jpg

The X ride at Six Flags Magic Mountain, Los Angeles. I went on this ride in October and I don't think I have had an adrenalin rush like it. It is said to be unequalled in the world as a ride.

The initial drop, as you see, is unbelievable !!

OT a little I know, as it is about 5000 miles away but the memories were stirred again from this thread.

Matblack said:
Book the B&B the room at Alton will be sorted later this week but you will have to lump in with a group and someone will have to book it (just to reserve not prepayment) for the group.

Your jaw muscles were aching because you were smiling I suspect, Air is one of the dreamiest coasters I have been on, its just a joy and not scary at all :)

MB

Thats cool on the SL rooms, I'll share with whoever, I have just moved out of a place with a load of students so it can't get much worse :eek:

Air was indeed almost a comfortable experience! Colossus at Thorpe Park was very good, as was the Nemesis they have there. Did not enjoy the black hole at all, made me feel very very ill (although that could have been something to do with the hotdog I ate just before).

Back
Top Bottom