* Alton Towers - May 18th/19th 2006 *

pax said:
Pax and Mrs Pax will be coming down on the 19th We live on the train(not phone) line, so will just come down for the day's activities and dinner and drinkies for the evening :)

Pax

P.S. We DO NOT do a gold thong double act.

I just realised that we cannot come to this... I start my new job next month and I've already got booked off the previous Friday (wedding in Newcastle), and the Monday and Tuesday (Portugal trip) just prior to this, so they won't let me take anymore time off.

I apologise profusely :(

I wish I've checked the dates before hand, and realised it wasn't a Saturday and Sunday,

Pax

pax said:
I just realised that we cannot come to this... I start my new job next month and I've already got booked off the previous Friday (wedding in Newcastle), and the Monday and Tuesday (Portugal trip) just prior to this, so they won't let me take anymore time off.

I apologise profusely :(

I wish I've checked the dates before hand, and realised it wasn't a Saturday and Sunday,

Pax

Boo :(

Hopefully you can make another meet soon :)

i might come just for the theme park, depending on if i can drive then :p

ill try get lukechad to come too but hes only 17 (18 this year) but does that really matter :p

ill let you know sooner to the day

nickels said:
ill try get lukechad to come too but hes only 17 (18 this year) but does that really matter :p/QUOTE]

Personally, no I'm not too bothered by someone 17 coming along. Unfortunately, Legally, yes it does matter.
For various reasons a little complicated to go into, but revolving around things like the Child Protection Act and so forth, the legal minefield of having under 18 year olds present at the meet is just incredible, requiring things like having at least two people present who have been CRB checked, and ensuring that the under 18 year old is never left alone with anyone else, and so on and so on.

I'm sure you can understand why we have the over 18s rule.

Garp said:
nickels said:
ill try get lukechad to come too but hes only 17 (18 this year) but does that really matter :p/QUOTE]

Personally, no I'm not too bothered by someone 17 coming along. Unfortunately, Legally, yes it does matter.
For various reasons a little complicated to go into, but revolving around things like the Child Protection Act and so forth, the legal minefield of having under 18 year olds present at the meet is just incredible, requiring things like having at least two people present who have been CRB checked, and ensuring that the under 18 year old is never left alone with anyone else, and so on and so on.

I'm sure you can understand why we have the over 18s rule.

yup nope problem :) like i said if im driving ill come ;)

Piggymon said:
Can people let me know when they have booked the B&B and also who is sharing with who etc ... I can then update the first post :)

Still haven't got a reply to my email - it probably ended up in the spam box *coughGARPcough* but so far our SL room will be Mic and myself, the Flibsters, Belmit and if he wants we can "provisionally book" the last place for Garp until he knows yay or nay if he can make it :)

Takhisis said:
Still haven't got a reply to my email - it probably ended up in the spam box *coughGARPcough* but so far our SL room will be Mic and myself, the Flibsters, Belmit and if he wants we can "provisionally book" the last place for Garp until he knows yay or nay if he can make it :)

There will be alcohol in our room as well - other half will be drowning her sorrows.. ;)

Seing as she's turning *cough* 21...

Simon/~Flibster

Back
Top Bottom