Am I that nasty, really?

Soldato
God this thread is full of *****! Oh crap, bang go my chances of netting myself an eligible bachelor, on the bright side I'm not really into man on man anyway. Hopefully the ladies are more into profanity, somebody mentioned a 19 year old redhead scouser? Sure the wife won't mind if I pop to Liverpool and start throwing out the C-bomb in an attempt to net myself a mistress.

Man of Honour
I'm not sure you can really class it as lazy as such, it takes a lot more effort to call someone, relay all the information to them, get their reply, make notes from their reply and then rinse and repeat for each option.

It's not uncommon for people especially the slightly older generation even if they use PCs every day in their job only to know I need to press this this and this and I get this and have no want to know anything outside what they need to know.

Caporegime
I'm not sure you can really class it as lazy as such, it takes a lot more effort to call someone, relay all the information to them, get their reply, make notes from their reply and then rinse and repeat for each option.

It's not uncommon for people especially the slightly older generation even if they use PCs every day in their job only to know I need to press this this and this and I get this and have no want to know anything outside what they need to know.

After realising OP is 77 it doesn't seem as odd now apart from the cee u next Tuesday bit but I find it rather amusing picturing an old woman (this may be an assumption) shouting that at her grumpy husband :D

Soldato
They are completely unbunched thanks. I guess its the standard of women you're used to...
the use of single word does not define the person.

and those panties of yours....well they are clearly not un-bunched when you couldn't take my post for the joke it was. relax and breath buddy, or you'll end up garrotting your nethers on them.

Soldato
just seeking opinions here, certainly not justification.
Last night, watching TV, wife's phone rings.
I freeze the TV, and peruse the paper, waiting for her call to finish.
From her conversation, it's obvious that she's talking first with her brother's wife, then her brother.
She asks a few questions, then says, "I'll check, then call you back", disconnects and picks up her laptop, starts punching keys, scanning the screen intently, then asks me for a pen and some paper.
When she calls her sister-in-law back, she starts giving street names and bus numbers, train departure times, this one is a six minute walk, this one is eleven minutes etc. etc.
It materialised that her brother and his wife are going to York for a couple of days, and want to visit some friends in Manchester afterward, then fly back to London.
They'd asked her to look for methods of getting from Blank St. York, to Some Street Manchester, via bus or train, what the fare would be, and where were the bus and train stations in relation to their hotels in both cities.
I was amazed, and said, "You're kidding surely, have they both been paralysed, or struck with dyslexia?"
"Why?" she said, "he's not as clever as you, he doesn't know how to search for these things."
I said, "Clever? All I've ever done is drive a truck or a taxi, that's not rocket science, and I can book a flight online in seconds, he's a 53 y.o. office manager, and she works in admin, you must be nuts in not telling them to do it themselves."
She raised her voice, and told me, "You are one horrible person, you nasty (rhymes with shunt).
Was I wrong in being incredulous and more than a little annoyed at this?
I don't care about what she called me, she does that when she gets the zig, water off a duck's back.

I would have said something is similar but toned down the insults.

Soldato
Bit late to the party but my 2p is that the OP isn't all that nasty. I would happily have said the same thing in the same circumstances. While the wife's reaction is a smidgin OTT, all I can say is "women!" and move on.

Regarding the use of a certain four letter word, it's a bit strong, however there are certain places (and I'm thinking Edinburgh in this case) where it's just a word e.g. "RandomName? Aye, he's a good ****." And no offence would be intended or taken.

Soldato
to echo what others have said, i can't believe your wife called you that for something so innocuous!

also - totally agree...staggering that they can't figure out a few basic travel plans on their own. The thing is though, if people get used to other people doing 'simple things' like that for them, then that's always what they're going to expect.

i get the same with basic tech advice from family members. Things that could easily be figured out with a simple google search...!

Soldato
I find this everyday. I struggle, tbh. Life seems to be easier for people who play dumb and have others do it for them. I really cn't abide by this, I have to do things for myself no matter how hard.
It makes life diffficult because others think your the oracle of everything when all your doing is using common sense.
I can sympathise with your wife, she's a helper but maybe ended up being a doormat and I can see your point. People play dumber when they baltently just can't be ******.

Back
Top Bottom