**AM4 COMPATIBLE COOLERS**

Associate
Ok so Antec want me to send proof of a Ryzen mobo or cpu purchase before they will ship but then it won't ship for at least 2 weeks from the date that they receive them. So god knows when that will be!!?

And obviously I've not bought my Ryzen stuff yet because I want to be able to set it all up straight away / same time. But can't do that until I get the AM4 bracket from Antec!

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. I could buy Ryzen now but it could be sat here for months.

OCUK can you speak to your rep for me please? Or any kind hearted forumer want to send me a screenshot of your order form please so I can get the ball rolling with Antec

Caporegime
Ok so Antec want me to send proof of a Ryzen mobo or cpu purchase before they will ship but then it won't ship for at least 2 weeks from the date that they receive them. So god knows when that will be!!?

And obviously I've not bought my Ryzen stuff yet because I want to be able to set it all up straight away / same time. But can't do that until I get the AM4 bracket from Antec!

Stuck between a rock and a hard place. I could buy Ryzen now but it could be sat here for months.

OCUK can you speak to your rep for me please? Or any kind hearted forumer want to send me a screenshot of your order form please so I can get the ball rolling with Antec

Drop a message over to Lee (@Ace Modder ) the Antec rep and explain the situation, he may be able to help out. He's a good lad :)

Gangster
OcUK Staff
OP
Hi, Sorry for the delayed response from me. I have spoken to Alpenfohn and they have said that that the brackets will be between 2-3 weeks away. At the moment they have not made it clear which coolers will have the brackets available however I do know for sure the following will have:

Matterhorn, Brocken 2 and the ECO

Again as soon as I get conformation I will update you guys.

Also another update is Noctua have released some coolers for ryzen and are available now here

Associate
Hi, Sorry for the delayed response from me. I have spoken to Alpenfohn and they have said that that the brackets will be between 2-3 weeks away. At the moment they have not made it clear which coolers will have the brackets available however I do know for sure the following will have:

Matterhorn, Brocken 2 and the ECO

Again as soon as I get conformation I will update you guys.

Also another update is Noctua have released some coolers for ryzen and are available now here

Did you happen to get any idea of pricing from Alpenfohn by any chance?

Soldato
I need a pc upgrade so may need to get a hold of antec for a am4 bracket for my 1200 :)

Doesn't anyone know how much postage there is for the antec one?

Associate
I need a pc upgrade so may need to get a hold of antec for a am4 bracket for my 1200 :)

Doesn't anyone know how much postage there is for the antec one?

See my post at top of this page. They didn't mention a postage cost to me however.

Problem is, they want me to buy Ryzen, then wait for them to source and ship the bracket before I can install the new components.

Soldato
See my post at top of this page. They didn't mention a postage cost to me however.

Problem is, they want me to buy Ryzen, then wait for them to source and ship the bracket before I can install the new components.

I did notice that (wanting proof first),
I don't want to buy the parts for them to have to sit around for a week or two or however long it takes to ship the new bracket and to finish making it as if that's the case I'll go intel as my mobo is on it's last legs and don't really want to be waiting for it to arrive later down the line

On another note if your having to wait two weeks plus for it your the out of your 14 day return to ocuk before you even have chance to set the system up

Associate
I did notice that (wanting proof first),
I don't want to buy the parts for them to have to sit around for a week or two or however long it takes to ship the new bracket and to finish making it as if that's the case I'll go intel as my mobo is on it's last legs and don't really want to be waiting for it to arrive later down the line

On another note if your having to wait two weeks plus for it your the out of your 14 day return to ocuk before you even have chance to set the system up

Exactly. I spoke to the Antec rep on these forums tonight and the AM4 brackets aren't even in Europe yet. Maybe we'll get AM4 brackets in time for Ryzens successor being released....

Soldato

Hi, I advised you that we have our brakcets on route to Europe, we are offering the brackets for free, we will ship from our Hub in Holland for free. However our brackets have not arrived yet, they will be landing in our Holland hub in around 2 weeks. And postage to UK is maybe 3 days-aprox.
I'm sorry, but Antec have to pay for these to be produced and we are offering them for free, so this is why we are asking for purchase proof of AM4 - it is a good will gesture. No manufactuer has to provide any AM4 support for free, but we are as we value our customers, but as you can appreciate we cannot supply an AM4 bracket to every customer who purchased one of our AIO watercoolers, as we only have a limited amount of AM4 brackets coming, so this is why we are asking for the proof.

Asking for the proof is a way to vet the genuine people who need them. If we didn't do that and people requested one and didn't intend to have AM4, we could run out and that would mean some customers may lose out who are actually using AM4 now.

If you are that desperate for a cooler that works with AM4 and you want to test/get it working, I would suggest grabbing a cheap AM4 compatible air cooler for now, just until you get a bracket from us.
Our air-coolers support AM4 out the box. Maybe this would be ok for you? (remember it is only for a week or 2) Also don't all Ryzen CPUs come with a stock air cooler anyway?
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/antec-a30-dual-heatpipe-cpu-air-cooler-hs-015-an.html

P.S. The reason we do not have the brackets in stock already is because AMD was unable to provide Antec (and other cooling manufacturers) with any socket AM4 motherboard/CPU's to test with, so we could only finalise the design and test it once AM4 was freely available on the market. Engineering/tooling sets etc need time, then shipping from our factories to Europe takes aprox 3-4 weeks also. Most if not all CPU cooling manufactuers are in the same position.

Granted it is not an ideal situation, but it isn't the fault of the cooler manufacturers, as we are all in the same position.

Last edited:
Soldato
** Antec AM4 Brackets for H600 & H1200 have landed today with Antec **

So all email requests who have provided cooler & AM4 purchases will be shipped out today (from the Netherlands).

We are doing this for no charge and no postage fee either.

Soldato
do you have a receipt/invoice copy? That would be fine.

I have not bought the bundle yet but was thinking once ordered through OCUK would the order screen to show what has been bought be ok or does it have to be the paper receipts that you get with the goods once they arrive.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom