Amazing what you can buy for sub £500 these days.

Associate
As winter is closing in i thought it would be a good idea to take my little Polo G40 off the road before they start gritting. That meant getting a winter warrior for under £500 that would see me though in comfort with a good heater!
I Managed to snare this for £440 off ebay.

Ford Mondeo 2.2TDCI GHIA X

MOT until July, 4 new tyres, recent clutch, alternator,battery,brakes and exhaust

Its been remapped too.

Drives lovely, that will do me!

Soldato
You check the MOT history?

I just did :eek:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Also if you look, the same ARB failure has come up (Aug15 and Jul16) suggesting it isn't actually getting fixed.

edit:

On a separate note I think they should give the MOT Test Centre Number on the website as well which would help.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
You check the MOT history?

I just did :eek:

https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/

Also if you look, the same ARB failure has come up (Aug15 and Jul16) suggesting it isn't actually getting fixed.

edit:

On a separate note I think they should give the MOT Test Centre Number on the website as well which would help.

lol holy sheep ****, i hope you plan on getting rid before july.
Yep i checked it. There is nowt wrong with it boys. I like to see stuff like that on an MOT it shows its actually had a proper one done!

Soldato
Apart from all the brakes need doing, the clutch needs doing, all tyres need changing and the engine sounds like a bag of spanners?

Soldato
Its £440... has an MOT, stops go's and turns. What more do you want! I work for Ford and my brother and dad are mechanics trust me theres nowt wrong with it!

People are mostly joking. :p

If you've given it a proper look over then I'm sure you know better. Most of the MOT items aren't really that worrying. I guess you got 4 new tyres and a new clutch.

Soldato
No I guess not. Begs the question though why would the previous owner spend more than the value of the car in the last 6 months then sell it for dirt?

Man of Honour
No I guess not. Begs the question though why would the previous owner spend more than the value of the car in the last 6 months then sell it for dirt?

Probably because they woke upto the realisation they were throwing good money at it that could be better used on a new car in the long term - people often patch up a car they are accustomed to for quite awhile before making that decision.

Associate
OP

Just got a new car after having this one for 4 years. I would guess he got tired of throwing money at it and decided to get something newer before another potential problem arises.

Soldato
Begs the question though why would the previous owner spend more than the value of the car in the last 6 months then sell it for dirt?
I did that with my last car as it was more important that I had transport and also didn't want to just throw thousands at the first car I saw..
So spending £500 on a car I knew I was going just dump in about 6 months time gave me some leeway

Last edited:
Soldato
MOT until July, 4 new tyres, recent clutch, alternator,battery,brakes and exhaust

Its been remapped too.

Drives lovely, that will do me!

No, it tells you that the car is pretty shagged.

Wow, that's knackered. Hope it lasts you through winter :D

Apart from all the brakes need doing, the clutch needs doing, all tyres need changing and the engine sounds like a bag of spanners?

This
Have you actually read the original post...

Back
Top Bottom