Amazon Black Friday Deals Week 2011 - Monday, November 21 to Friday, November 25

Only thing I wanted was MW3 for £18, same with gamestop doing BF3 for £22 but sold out and site crashed.

Just anoyes me they put up these must haves but have like 10 copies for 10s of thousands of people and its pot luck being online and getting through.

The thing is, it is SOOOO easy to get blinded on what seems like a good deal because the way it is listed with RRP and discount off. Like that 32" LCD TV for £250....You can get a Full HD one with USB for £10 more from the same place and free delivery just the same.

This is true and I tried explaining to people like Glaucus, but he seemed to have his rose tinted glasses on.

Agreed Raymond. I almost bought a couple of Blu Rays because they were a good price.

I don't have a blu ray player.

I went through the stage where I buy films because I can. My justification was that "well it cost £7 at the cinema anyway, whats £15 when i can keep it too?"

I did that for 2 years and ended up spending like thousands on DVDs, I have over 400 last count !

Then I stopped, I bought a BR player 3 years ago and so far I have less than 20 BR (5 of those were free with the player). I only buy the ones I REALLY want now.

I've never actually watched a Blu Ray. I feel like a right retard. How was the pub?

Good, my mate was tipsy when i got there, he got a head start. Decide to leave him as I was driving so didn't drink. Went to see a friend who is in town for the night/day and had a quick chat before she had to crash.

Now, if someone find me a Pioneer VSX-2021 under £700 I would be most grateful! lol

I will have to try and find someone with a decent home cinema set up and have a watch. I have some friends with a decent sound system but lack the good TV and BR setup. Just doesn't seem a priority amongst my friends. They are pirates! Arrrr.

You going to try haggling in Richer Sounds? I find that they are very accommodating, I got a cracking price on my telly and a friend got a decent discount (though I reckon I could have got more) on a audio set up.

Btw did anyone buy anything else that was not on offer at the same time?

Yep, Kodak PlaySport Zx5 for £79, which seems to be the best price around I could find.

From the Black Friday deals all I bought was Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum for £19. Which was quite handy as my trial has just run out.

Managed to pick up everything I was after in the sale and sorted most the gfs Xmas presents in the process:

Accurist watch
Saints Row 3
Triumph 5000 toothbrush
16GB SDHC card
Fuji F80EXR digicam

I didn't buy anything in this sale.

Just read some news about the Black Friday sales state-side and it is like the new years sales x2. Their shops open around 9pm or so too :eek:

They don't have Boxing Day sales (and don't even know what Boxing Day is). Black Friday is their day-after-Thanksgiving sale, which is one of their biggest public holiday things, so it's naturally a big deal. As we don't celebrate Thanksgiving, retailers doing 'black friday' here is kinda amusing, although I guess they're taking the 'start of Christmas' aspect and rolling with it to get people out shopping.

Back
Top Bottom