Amazon Fire TV

Caporegime
keep me updated! :D quite interesting if it does work, im sure ill use it

So far works fine. I switch to the FTV input and it displays the screensaver, and my Harmony remote works instantly over CEC from there. No more need to press a button on the FTV remote to wake it before the Harmony will work.

On another note, Amazon have black listed the FireStarter app, so my home button/Kodi integration that was working fine with the Harmony Menu button now doesn't work again!

GRRRR!

Caporegime
Scrap that, doesn't look like it's worked. I turned the TV on just now and the screen was off on the Fire TV and I had to press a button on the FTV remote to wake it up :(

maj

maj

Soldato
Random question but for those who have Netflix and use the app on your box, does it tell you what resolution it's streaming at?

Reason I ask is my TV has a Netflix app built into it and with it being a 4K TV I want to check I'm getting a 4K image as advertised with my package but my TV nor the app will display the resolution.

Soldato
you posted a link to this thread... lol

my fire stick is a bit slow with kodi, and runs out of cache sometimes. It also force closes and restarts sometimes. If I was going to use it 100% on my main tv, i'd get an amazon 4k box.

Soldato
you posted a link to this thread... lol

my fire stick is a bit slow with kodi, and runs out of cache sometimes. It also force closes and restarts sometimes. If I was going to use it 100% on my main tv, i'd get an amazon 4k box.

Never had a problem with my fire tv box,only use it for kodi and Netflix and performs 100% all the time.

Soldato
Can anyone help me with this odd issue regarding the Amazon Fire TV HD, connected via Ethernet?

My Mrs insists on turning off all the plugs before we go to work in the morning. The TV, Router, Virgin Box and AFTV are all on the same extension board.

When we get home and turn them back on, the AFTV tries to get online before the router has a chance to connect, and so it decides there's no point trying ever again.

As far as I can tell, the only option is to set it up manually or, what I do, restart the AFTV.

Surely there's another way? It seems crazy that there's no way to tell the AFTV to try a second time to connect?

What am I missing?

Soldato
How about learn your misses to not turn off the router and leave it always on.

My router got it own plug socket so I no need to turn it off with everything else that on multi way ext leads

Put a breaker on the plug and just leave them on? Seems excessive turning them off and on everyday.

I agree, but this is woman's logic I'm fighting against. The risk of fire while we're out, and the cost savings by not wasting electricity are so significant that it's not work arguing about (again). :rolleyes:

It doesn't stop the AFTV from being stupid for not having the option of searching again following a failed connection attempt.

Back
Top Bottom