Amazon Prime - Dont have it then you can wait.

Soldato
I am currently losing my temper with amazon and feel they now have a 2 tier system for their customers.

I Per-ordered a nokia 3310 (the new version) for my fathers birthday back in June, knowing there was limited stock, My order has been push 2 times now and and it is now showing as shipment date unknown.

Ok so this annoyed me something rotten but limited stock so to be expected.

Last Monday I grabbed a new TV off them, took 4 days to leave the warehouse to be shipped. looking at the reviews people who bought it the same day (was a sale item) had i next day, I however im still waiting for it to be delivered. However the HDMI cables i bought form a marketplace vendor turned up the next day

I now feel that Amazon have dropped their service to non-prime customers to such a point that if you don't pay for it then things are not just normal they are worse.

Cant help but feel that they have got too big for their boots now and if any other retailer tried this crap they would have no customers, just look at Game with their subscription loyalty scheme.

I know some people will say prime is a value product, that maybe the case but i don't think you should be pushed to the back of the line if you don't have it.

I will be taking my shopping else where moving forward.

/rant

Caporegime
I use amazon frequently to buy items and their streaming service is okay, grumbled a bit when they upped the price but without calculating it I'd still say I'm saving money over the year than I would be without it, maybe if I selected free delivery on most things but I despise waiting days for something to arrive as I'm an impatient bugger.

Your story falls in line with other posts I've read regarding their delivery times becoming worse for non-prime users though.

Soldato
Non prime members get free super saver delivery which is approx 5 days and advertised as such. You could have paid extra for expedited delivery which would have seen you receive it sooner. Prime members just get this free instead of having to pay each time. That's not you being pushed to the back, that's you not wanting to pay for fast delivery, then expecting it anyway.

Hitman
Soldato
What shipping did you pay for? Shipping from the market place is whatever the vendors use / choose, unrelated to Amazons own delivery.

Soldato
Not sure what the complaint is here, Amazon have always taken 5 days for standard delivery

If it want it quicker, you either pay extra or subscribe to prime

Soldato
I now feel that Amazon have dropped their service to non-prime customers
don't use prime either, and will wait if necessary until I have items >£20 for free postage.

But if they are optimising their (amazon logistics) delivery service so that my non-prime goods are scheduled less predictably because they need to reserve delivery/packing
capacity (even the products themselves) for those people paying for prime, I do not have an objection, since this will keep prices low. (until they have a complete monopoly)

Their clever advertsing, prime-day and daily deals, is obviously meant to make us feel like 2nd class citizens and make the people who do have prime feel 1st class ;)

Soldato
Non prime members get free super saver delivery which is approx 5 days and advertised as such.

The only slight complaint I can see is that in the past, when you selected 'free delivery' it would often turn up early (ie well within the 5 days) - maybe they're now putting slightly less focus on trying to delight those type of customers.

Soldato
OP
Not sure what the complaint is here, Amazon have always taken 5 days for standard delivery

If it want it quicker, you either pay extra or subscribe to prime

Took 4 days to leave the warehouse and its been another 4 days and it still hasn't arrived, so we are on 8 days IF it arrives today.
Was free delivery, didnt realise it was free delivery when we get round to it.

Soldato
Sounds like (as others have already mentioned) the super saver delivery. I used to get that when shopping at a competitor and Amazon (before I got prime). You want free delivery you gotta wait.

Caporegime
Even Prime isn't as good as it used to be IMO, I've had a few items that haven't turned up next day when they were supposed to.

I've had it happen fairly often too. Or even go so far as an item showing as being in stock, ordering before the time thresh and the delivery date will still show as 2 or 3 days time instead of next day.

Soldato
OP
don't use prime either, and will wait if necessary until I have items >£20 for free postage.

But if they are optimising their (amazon logistics) delivery service so that my non-prime goods are scheduled less predictably because they need to reserve delivery/packing
capacity (even the products themselves) for those people paying for prime, I do not have an objection, since this will keep prices low. (until they have a complete monopoly)

Their clever advertsing, prime-day and daily deals, is obviously meant to make us feel like 2nd class citizens and make the people who do have prime feel 1st class ;)

I have no objection to not being expedited but i do object to being relegated to sub standard service.

Back
Top Bottom