Amazon Prime sucks massive donkey balls

Soldato
Something positive to say.

I went to amazon prime now.

Put some bits in the basket.

delivery slot midnight O_o really bad was 7am.

Refreshed the page 20 mins later and 8am-10am was available, so booked it. Had to keep refreshing though as the slot kept disappearing, but it went through, about 9.30 it was delivered, driver masked and was very careful with social distancing.

Remember the talk about plastic bags?

Look at what the food arrived in, these were also sealed.

So overall positive review, also min order size £15 vs the the normal £40.

TUuH5H3.jpg

Man of Honour
Can anybody help please?

The Mrs has looked on our bank account and Amazon have taken a payment of £10.71 for Amazon Prime MVOUA

We haven't got a clue what it's for, I've looked in My Orders and Purchase & Rentals etc but can't see anything where they should take this amount of us.

Any ideas?

Man of Honour
I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a real human on the end of live chat. Give that a go mate.

Thanks

You're correct about the Live Chat, took less than a minute for the first Chat and then immediately when they sent me to another Chat page.

For some reason it was a payment for a subscription to Amazon Prime in America!!

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks

You're correct about the Live Chat, took less than a minute for the first Chat and then immediately when they sent me to another Chat page.

For some reason it was a payment for a subscription to Amazon Prime in America!!

Glad you got it sorted, I avoided live chat for years, expecting it to be some bot or scripted replies but have been pleasantly surprised when i've used it.

Last edited:
Soldato
Due to location same day delivery was never really going to happen, but I'm always pleased when things unexpectedly make next day delivery, despite ordering them late.

Have had very good support with amazon too, though am now far more wary with 3rd party sales.

Associate
Recently had a strange thing happen. Ordered an item which said would be delivered within 5 days, then received the usual emails about 'item will be delivered today'. Went on the tracking page and it said 'out for delivery' - it gave an estimated time. Later it said 'Delivered', and of course no item had been delivered at all. I questioned the vendor (Chinese I think - the item was certainly one you would usually expect to come from China unless there's a UK stockist, which I thought was the case here with the short delivery estimate. Anyway, I contacted the vendor and asked what was going on, they said 'Sorry, your item is still in transit and woiuld be another 7-10 days, please wait and we'll give you 10% refund'. Errr no, I don't think so. After a few days I claimed a refund from Amazon and received it no problem. The point is - what was with the fake delivery information?? How did they arrange that to happen - I thought such info came from Amazon themselves.

Soldato
Recently had a strange thing happen. Ordered an item which said would be delivered within 5 days, then received the usual emails about 'item will be delivered today'. Went on the tracking page and it said 'out for delivery' - it gave an estimated time. Later it said 'Delivered', and of course no item had been delivered at all. I questioned the vendor (Chinese I think - the item was certainly one you would usually expect to come from China unless there's a UK stockist, which I thought was the case here with the short delivery estimate. Anyway, I contacted the vendor and asked what was going on, they said 'Sorry, your item is still in transit and woiuld be another 7-10 days, please wait and we'll give you 10% refund'. Errr no, I don't think so. After a few days I claimed a refund from Amazon and received it no problem. The point is - what was with the fake delivery information?? How did they arrange that to happen - I thought such info came from Amazon themselves.

Maybe linked it to another tracking number?

Soldato
An item I ordered yesterday is cheaper today, it hasn't shipped yet.... I thought it would be simple to get the difference in price refunded because it hasn't shipped but no and I can't cancel the order because it's "close" to shipping so if I want to save the £2 I have to return it after it's shipped which is just stupid, first time support have left me disappointed

Soldato
An item I ordered yesterday is cheaper today, it hasn't shipped yet.... I thought it would be simple to get the difference in price refunded because it hasn't shipped but no and I can't cancel the order because it's "close" to shipping so if I want to save the £2 I have to return it after it's shipped which is just stupid, first time support have left me disappointed
I had one like that last week, I could cancel it when it was 'out for delivery' so maybe try that option once it's actually on the way to your house. Stupid system.
Amazon have screwed me over today, ordered some shelving from them on Thursday, Prime but delivery was today. Check the order status and it's been sent by Hermes!
Predictably they've not turned up and now it could turn up any time between the 1st and the 8th, and if it's 'not turned up by the 9th I can get in touch'
Marvellous.

Soldato
I had one like that last week, I could cancel it when it was 'out for delivery' so maybe try that option once it's actually on the way to your house. Stupid system.
Amazon have screwed me over today, ordered some shelving from them on Thursday, Prime but delivery was today. Check the order status and it's been sent by Hermes!
Predictably they've not turned up and now it could turn up any time between the 1st and the 8th, and if it's 'not turned up by the 9th I can get in touch'
Marvellous.

Yep not very a good system, I'm not too fussed over £2 it was already the cheapest it had been according to the 3 camels, just figured it would be a simple thing for them to do considering it hadn't been shipped as most online places would do this, some even do it after it's shipped if they're good.

Surprised they're still using Hermes, they're the worst carrier going, did they offer you any voucher for the delay or have they stopped doing that when deliveries don't come when they're supposed to ?

Soldato
Yep not very a good system, I'm not too fussed over £2 it was already the cheapest it had been according to the 3 camels, just figured it would be a simple thing for them to do considering it hadn't been shipped as most online places would do this, some even do it after it's shipped if they're good.

Surprised they're still using Hermes, they're the worst carrier going, did they offer you any voucher for the delay or have they stopped doing that when deliveries don't come when they're supposed to ?
Just been on live chat, got a refund and ordered it again delivery date 3rd August, and 50p cheaper! I suspect this one will come via their own couriers.
Didn't get offered anything, but have found this to be the case for a while now. Used to get free months of Prime or vouchers, but not anymore it seems.

Soldato
Hermes have delivered to me twice in the last two days. No issues at all. Yodel used to be my pet hate and had a pretty poor reputation, but in all honesty Amazon Logistics are by far the worst courier these days as far as I'm concerned. Unreliable, late or non-deliveries. I'm exceptionally passionate in how much I hate them!

Soldato
Unsurprisingly the package that was lost turned up this morning via Hermes with no prior warning, after I'd received a refund from Amazon last night and reordered.
And now of course Amazon say it's too late to cancel the new one, as it is 'being prepared for shipping' lol
Hopefully I can catch the courier and refuse the parcel.

Soldato
Hermes seems so hot and cold. Whenever I see tracking info I'm always praying for royal mail, if not then something like DPD isn't awful. Hermes just makes me concerned.

Back
Top Bottom