• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 6800 & 6800 XT MBA LAUNCH AT 2PM TODAY - EXTREMELY LIMITED STOCK!

Caporegime
just saw a 6900XT Reference on competitor site for £1100! It went instantly! Shocking to pay that much for only 5% more perf than 6800XT but we live in mad world at the mo.

Merry Christmas!
Tbh the 6800XT have been going for £800 to £900, so £1100 for the 9600XT is not any worse (but still not good).

Soldato
I hate to be the cynic, but I reckon its gonna get worse and stock levels are gonna be depressed way after April. I've been scouring the bay out of curiosity and not only are there hardly any cards for sale, folks are asking absolutely stupid money for them. Example, where there used to be about 15-20 pages of, say, rx570 cards theres one page with about 20-25 cards up for sale and some of the asking prices are ludicrous. Same applies to rx580 cards and its even worse with the 1600 series of cards, with prices at even higher levels. Now, if supply chains get clogged up as they already or worse, then theres gonna be bugger all new cards coming in so feed the s/h market, so prices are gonna go up even more.
Tell you what, I really hope I'm wrong, otherwise it'll make the mining craze that occurred a while back look a minor blip.

Associate
just saw a 6900XT Reference on competitor site for £1100! It went instantly! Shocking to pay that much for only 5% more perf than 6800XT but we live in mad world at the mo.

Yeah it's not much better but how exactly do you quantify the gain if you can buy a 6900 XT right now versus waiting months for a 6800 XT or 3080?

If we're just worried about value I'd argue you shouldn't be buying anything at all right now.

Associate
Absolutely agree it's bonkers without a doubt. Personally I think we might be looking at June before things begin to stabilise. Even then prices are unlikely to drop as the advertised MSRP from both AMD & Nvidia were bait and switch they never intended to sell the cards long term at that price.

I bought a 3090 so I'm probably not a great example but just finished last three levels of COD WWII with everything maxed at 1440p 144 fps all the way. It was amazing. It plays nicely with my 144hz freesync monitor. First game I've finished for a while and it took me 16 hours. Not overclocked anything and it's great.

Bought a Ryzen 3800X as won't pay scalper prices for 5600X so I reckon this will last me 4 years + at 1440p so happy chappy. Nice end to a crappy year.

Associate
Absolutely agree it's bonkers without a doubt. Personally I think we might be looking at June before things begin to stabilise. Even then prices are unlikely to drop as the advertised MSRP from both AMD & Nvidia were bait and switch they never intended to sell the cards long term at that price.

I bought a 3090 so I'm probably not a great example but just finished last three levels of COD WWII with everything maxed at 1440p 144 fps all the way. It was amazing. It plays nicely with my 144hz freesync monitor. First game I've finished for a while and it took me 16 hours. Not overclocked anything and it's great.

Bought a Ryzen 3800X as won't pay scalper prices for 5600X so I reckon this will last me 4 years + at 1440p so happy chappy. Nice end to a crappy year.

I agree the closer I get to 50 the more that I don’t want to wait for 6months for prices to stabilise- don’t know what’s round the corner and rather pay up and enjoy my life!

very difficult still though spending the dosh!

Associate
5700XT at 6800XT RRP. Naice. Real naaaaaice.

What you guys reckon the 6800XT and 6800 will be?
Nice.... Reeeeeeeeal nice.

Nice.

1wrw36.jpg

But seriously I assume this is a mistake of some kind, if not that's just not cool.

Back
Top Bottom