• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD 7nm GPU News and Rumours 2018/2019

Soldato
So, essentially a £250ish Vega 56 with lower power draw? Not bad at all, though not ground-breaking either. It's good if it were to arrive in 1H but I don't see it, and if it's 2H it's just not as interesting. I said it before but I think a lot of people will kick themselves over not having gotten the Red Dragon V56 when it had the bundle (-> £300 V56 basically).

I wont be kicking myself, as soon as Gibbo said the 590 would be 10-12% faster than a 580 and others were telling me the Vega 56 was around 50% more than my 480, thats what made me buy the Vega 56 when it was £350. I was willing to use this as a stop gap card for Navi, but since actually using this V56 its more of a beast than i expected. Im very happy with this card and im hoping it'll last me until the high end Navi now :)

Associate
not my taste.

I wonder what this beauty is ;)

s1-1-2.jpg

s3-1-2.jpg

s2-1-2.jpg

2pm next Thursday. ;)
Will you be planning on stocking replacement fans for it? Mate had 2 of the 580 SE ones and the fans turned green on both, seen it mentioned elsewhere too. He returned them in the end because he said it was a pain to get replacements for them and sapphire we being less than helpful.

Caporegime
If you all think that AMD are going to go through all the trouble of shrinking Vega down to 7nm and then not use it for a gaming card, well I dunno. I must have missed AMD suddenly having so much cash they don't need to use each chip for everything they can.

Vega 20 is 30% faster than Vega 10 but pulls 300w. OK there will be some savings dropping to 2stack HBM but it really won't be very interesting for gamers. The main changes related to HPC

bru

bru

Soldato
Vega 20 is 30% faster than Vega 10 but pulls 300w. OK there will be some savings dropping to 2stack HBM but it really won't be very interesting for gamers. The main changes related to HPC

Yup so that Is potentially 30% faster than the current Vega 64 with nothing else for them to do, other than paint the box a different colour.
Why wouldn't they, they have nothing else to offer in the short term. (6mths+).

Soldato
If you all think that AMD are going to go through all the trouble of shrinking Vega down to 7nm and then not use it for a gaming card, well I dunno. I must have missed AMD suddenly having so much cash they don't need to use each chip for everything they can.

This is what I am saying also. AMD is shrinking VEGA to 7nm and I am sure we will see a gaming GPU released next year. Navi replaces Polaris, the 590 is probably just AMD using up remaining stock, a stop gab.

Caporegime
This is what I am saying also. AMD is shrinking VEGA to 7nm and I am sure we will see a gaming GPU released next year. Navi replaces Polaris, the 590 is probably just AMD using up remaining stock, a stop gab.
How is it using up stock when it's on a different process? It's Polaris on "12nm".

Polaris and Vega are "14nm" products.

That doesn't make any sense.

Caporegime
Yup so that Is potentially 30% faster than the current Vega 64 with nothing else for them to do, other than paint the box a different colour.
Why wouldn't they, they have nothing else to offer in the short term. (6mths+).
Because as has already been mentioned, Vega cards cost a boatload to make. AMD will have run the numbers and probably concluded that selling Vega 7nm as gaming cards just wouldn't be profitable.

Or they'd have to price them so high they just wouldn't sell.

It's a card that's geared more to HPC, and frankly has been a near flop in the gaming space.

Navi is their next gaming card; we've waited this long just need to wait another 12 months :p

bru

bru

Soldato
Because as has already been mentioned, Vega cards cost a boatload to make. AMD will have run the numbers and probably concluded that selling Vega 7nm as gaming cards just wouldn't be profitable.

Or they'd have to price them so high they just wouldn't sell.

It's a card that's geared more to HPC, and frankly has been a near flop in the gaming space.

Navi is their next gaming card; we've waited this long just need to wait another 12 months :p

Yes its a general purpose compute card, pretty much like Vega and Fuji before that.

Bottom line is if AMD do not utilise the MI60's 7nm Vega chip in a gaming card then, according to the latest rumours they could have nothing to beat the currant Vega 64 till late 2020- early 2021. which as I'm sure we would all agree would be plain ridiculous seeing as they have a card that is about 30% faster that they have already shown to the public.

My prediction 7nm Vega within 6 months.

Caporegime
Why is it any more ridiculous than nV not turning Volta into a gaming card? (Titan-V is not a gaming card!)

Or AMD not having a better mid-range card than the 290 since ... 2013?

AMD is concentrating on Navi for the gaming space, and we get the stop-gap 590 Polaris respin as a distraction :p

Guess we'll see in 6 months ;)

OcUK Staff
Another pointless card from AMD, no miners to snap them up so better be sub £250. I mean come on, it's the 3rd iteration of the same gpu.

Our price won’t be far off.

Let’s just say come 2pm this Thursday many of your jaws will drop and you’ll be opening your wallets as we’re doing something insane and the new games bundle is AMAZING!

Back
Top Bottom