• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD announce EPYC

Associate
Why not just stick with the Naples name? Regardless of name, performance looks great.
probably tried and couldn't get the name so they ended up with epyc, the same happened with Zen that ended up ryzen and the same happened to microsoft scorpio that turned into " Xbox one X "

Soldato
So for those looking at an EPYC / ThreadRipper for home, which chip you looking at and which motherboard?

I'm keeping my eye on a 10/12 core Threadripper, and either an Asus or Asrock board; going by their Ryzen launch performance compared to the rest.

The core count will be a big step up over my 5820K, and those Threadrippers will have higher base/boost clocks than the higher core ones. So will likely be the performance per € for me.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I'm keeping my eye on a 10/12 core Threadripper

Ditto. I've a feeling 12 core will be a sweet price/perf spot. No idea on motherboard, not really abrand loyalist but I like the look of the X370 ASRock Taichi boards so will see what ASRock have to offer.

Soldato
Ditto. I've a feeling 12 core will be a sweet price/perf spot. No idea on motherboard, not really abrand loyalist but I like the look of the X370 ASRock Taichi boards so will see what ASRock have to offer.

With Alienware also stating that they'll be overlocking all cores on their Threadripper systems, it'll be interesting to see how "easily" the CPU + Mobos can overclock; and what speed of memory can be support on launch day.

Back
Top Bottom