• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**AMD ATI PRICE DROP - 7950 from £299 Inc. VAT & 7970 from £369.99 Inc. VAT

Associate
I agree, games alone are worth around £80/£100 quid and you could sell them, shaving anther £80+ of the GPU price easy (Making it a spanking good deal)

Soldato
Any news on how to get the free games? Wonder why there's no mention of them on the OCuk pages. I wasn't planning on getting one of these cards but I might be temped with the facebook 10% off deal and the free games...

Man of Honour
How do you get the games? Do we have to wait until OCUK state them on the GFX cards web page, or do we contact AMD directly after purchasing a card? I'm looking at getting a 7970 soonish but the free games would seal the deal! (and the 10% off of course) :D

Soldato
Just having a read around and it seems AMD haven't technically launched the free games promotion but they should do soon, I suspect if you get the download codes direct from AMD you'll need the serial number and possibly proof of purchase.

Soldato
it makes you laugh doesn't it.... free games WOW

oh **** they're useless :(... because if they were good shooters that makes this card even more attractive, because these two will cost you 70 quid on steam.

Huh? Even if you don't like all of the games which come in the bundle you could always sell some of the codes to effectively make what're now good value cards even cheaper.

Soldato
Not whist there is no decent amount of stock it won't. TBH I can't see Nvidia dropping the price of a card that's currently faster than anything the competition has to offer.

It's not faster in everything

Nvidia are just being stubborn and pathetic with their pricing, and only those with green spectacles would buy a 680 at that price

Soldato
Finally the price they should have launched at. 7950 still too pricey, needs to be £250.

No point buying a 680 now but I doubt Nvidia will drop the price until they can meet demand.

With the 10% off this now makes a 7970 ~£340 with delivery

OcUK Staff
OP
Finally the price they should have launched at. 7950 still too pricey, needs to be £250.

No point buying a 680 now but I doubt Nvidia will drop the price until they can meet demand.

With the 10% off this now makes a 7970 ~£340 with delivery

Yeah the 10% means we don't make a dime, but hey it's a promotion and its fallen just at the right time where AMD drop price and NVIDIA is also quite well priced at present. :)

Back
Top Bottom