• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD brings back consumer HEDT, launches TRX50 platform, Threadripper 7xxx

Soldato
I see EVGA still do a 2kW PSU. Hurry while stocks last! Does anyone else do a non-mining PC PSU with that capacity?

Most IEC connectors are rated for 10amps so 2400 watts would be about the maximum possible without using 2 leads. Over 2kW is sailing pretty close to the wind.

Soldato
I am sure that with enough cooling(Probably LN2) and balls you could maybe get it to pull close to 12-1500w. From my testing with PBO enabled and using a Full cover AIO With the fans on a standard profile i was seeing almost 800w on the 7980X and about 765w on the 7995WX. What i did find amusing was that the PBO performance of the 7980X was almost on par with the 7995WX at stock. The both CPUS were getting about 17-20% performance increase with PBO Enabled. The thermal output went significantly higher, i was seeing 71DegreesC max on the 7980X and 65DegreesC max with the 7995WX at stock. They both reached 95DegreesC with PBO Enabled.

Back
Top Bottom