• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD brings back consumer HEDT, launches TRX50 platform, Threadripper 7xxx

Soldato
AMD is launching up to 64 core Ryzen 7000 HEDT CPUs. The TRX50 platform however can also slot the Pro CPUs if you really want to so you've got up to 96 cores

Associate
Didn't expect HEDT to make a return genuinely surprised. TRX50 is interesting in that it supports PRO and standard Threadripper chips
It looks like my 3960X can finely go into retirement. It's going to cost a bomb but there aren't any other options.

Just hope the mobos aren't too expensive, also not sure about what RAM to use, looks like you need registered memory to run on this platform.

Soldato
Assume one CPU release for these. When TRX40 came out they appeased people unhappy moving from X399 saying it was good for several future generations and look how that turned out.

Soldato
OP
Threadripper 7995x breaks multicore world records, scores 100k points in Cinebench R23 at stock and 148k points overclocked. The 96 core CPU ran at an all core speed of 4.4ghz and sipped 600watts

Last edited:
Caporegime
Threadripper 7995x breaks multicore world records, scores 100k points in Cinebench R23 at stock and 148k points overclocked. The 96 core CPU ran at an all core speed of 4.4ghz and sipped 600watts

That's a monster.

Soldato
The only exciting thing you could do with 96 cores for gaming is divide them into 12 lots of 8 each with a graphics card and tons of RAM and have 12 independent players using the same computer with good performance.

Heck, AMD might even sponsor such a comedy event. They sponsor drowning their chips in liquid nitrogen to impress after all.

Associate
I remember how excited I was going from MMX,to P2,to P4,to Pentium D,to Core 2 duo,to Core 2 quad. 96 cores for consumers? They trying to run Crysis or something?

Soldato
Looks like i will have to just suck it up and get a 7950X3D instead of the 7800X3D as i need the extra cores and the 7800X3d isnt cutting it.

I think I’ll be doing the same unless there is something newer coming very soon. As cool as these new Threadrippers are, not much point if they are ££££ and have no benefits for gaming.

Soldato
The only exciting thing you could do with 96 cores for gaming is divide them into 12 lots of 8 each with a graphics card and tons of RAM and have 12 independent players using the same computer with good performance.

Heck, AMD might even sponsor such a comedy event. They sponsor drowning their chips in liquid nitrogen to impress after all.

Maybe AMD can hide a few kilowatts of phase change cooling under a blanket and pass the performance off as a stock system, ehh?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom