• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD FidelityFX And Radeon Image Sharpening Tested vs DLSS

Soldato
Agreed, it'll hit AMD hard unfortunately for them. Assuming there isn't a quality difference or any other issues, though HU seemed convinced. I wonder if they'll bring it to the cheaper end of their product stack.

The key is can Nvidia reliable release dlss game ready drivers when new games are released? Let's see what happens over the next couple months, they certainly haven't announced anything.

But IF, and it's a big IF... IF they can do it, that means that the RTX gpu product stack just got a 30 to 40% performance bump.

that's going to be devastating for AMD, not only do they need to beat the 2080ti, they need to beat 40% on top of that too, not to mention the 3080ti.

so I'll make another assumption- if Nvidia starts dropping dlss drivers on all major game releases, AMD will very quickly need to come up with their upscaler because they will have to find an extra 40% performance somewhere

Associate
Indeed. What I thought was interesting is the list of DLSS games that never happened and Tim reckons they won't happen. I'm kinda torn because Ark was one of those games and Ark was already released when that list came out, so if they thought they could put in DLSSv1 into Ark then, dunno why they couldn't put DLSSv2 into Ark now. Unless DLSS requires the game to be developed in a specific way :confused:

Back
Top Bottom