• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD FidelityFX And Radeon Image Sharpening Tested vs DLSS

Man of Honour
Wow! Seems like DLSS can't handle racing games at all.

There are entire objects not being rendered on the DLSS capture as well as some other oddities with rendering on the hills and I'm not sure even with DLSS issues some of the foliage details would be entirely missing, distorted maybe but I can't imagine entirely missing - either something is very broken, DLSS is very broken with that game or they aren't comparing like for like settings.

Soldato
There are entire objects not being rendered on the DLSS capture as well as some other oddities with rendering on the hills and I'm not sure even with DLSS issues some of the foliage details would be entirely missing, distorted maybe but I can't imagine entirely missing - either something is very broken, DLSS is very broken with that game or they aren't comparing like for like settings.

No, the 2060 is been used, not the RTX2080Ti usually found on the "presentations" for DLSS. Is been found that anything bellow 2080Ti, DLSS doesn't look the same at same settings with a Ti, but worse.
How worse depends if you have a 2060, 2070 or 2080. And don't forget on all games DLSS is implemented by Nvidia directly.

Man of Honour
No, the 2060 is been used, not the RTX2080Ti usually found on the "presentations" for DLSS. Is been found that anything bellow 2080Ti, DLSS doesn't look the same at same settings with a Ti, but worse.
How worse depends if you have a 2060, 2070 or 2080. And don't forget on all games DLSS is implemented by Nvidia directly.

Do you think then that they have separate code paths for the different cards? I would be amazed if that was true. I genuinely can't see NV going that route.

Soldato
Do you think then that they have separate code paths for the different cards? I would be amazed if that was true. I genuinely can't see NV going that route.

Don't forget DLSS is only programmable by Nvidia on their servers and implemented it to the binaries of the game. Nothing to do with the developers at that stage.

And as much as I like to see some more in dept research by the reviewers, is impossible when Nvidia actively blacklists everyone doesn't like their content, having forced also to sign 5y NDA "or else".
If somehow had access to 5 RTX cards, I would have spend the time to do such research since not relying from Nvidia to make my money, but.....

If you spend few hours in NV reddit & NV forums you will see that people querying why their 2060/2070 show such poor DLSS IQ.

Soldato

Yeah, I think you're right. Something's wrong with that video. It looked way too much like some very aggressive temporal reconstruction ala Quantum Break, which makes no sense. Though it could also be that it's DLSS at 1080p/1440p and that's why it looks so bad, as we know it doesn't scale well at lower resolutions.

Here's another video but 4K:

Caporegime
I love how DLSS is marketed as a "performance boost" when in reality you are taking a performance hit from using it.

performance AND quality hit. It's a complete joke and has been since day one. Hey, it will suck initially so badly you'll laugh but months later after you've played the game and it will only suck quite badly... so a huge improvement.

Soldato
performance AND quality hit. It's a complete joke and has been since day one. Hey, it will suck initially so badly you'll laugh but months later after you've played the game and it will only suck quite badly... so a huge improvement.

Precisely..you ever wonder which sites are "over sponsored" (trying to be polite about it)... This perf boost claim is a prime example of whether you should take their opinion with a bucket of salt or not.

Associate
Just so I have these 2 settings clear :p...

image sharpen I can turn on in the driver settings and it works on any game I launch but Fidelity X has to be supported by the title and is in game setting?

Soldato
https://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/software/f1_2019_-_nvidia_dlss_vs_amd_fidelityfx/2

06111142297l.jpg

Associate
I always believe in trying things for myself and seeing with my own eyes before judging things. I've tried DLSS and raytracing in Metro (I like it) and BF5 (it's meh) but this example is utter utter dog eggs. Nvidia have really dropped a walnut here.

Back
Top Bottom