• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***AMD Freesync owners thread***

Soldato
It literaly says in badass's post, it needs a firmware update, which for most monitors means shipping it back to the manufacturer

He doesn't he says it could be either driver or firmware update. And you might not even after ship anything back for all we know, the BenQ have a USB port so anything is possible.

Either way let's just wait and see ay because clearly we don't know the outcome yet.

Soldato
Well let's wait and see.. Who knows these new displays might be more firmware friendly than past monitors. BenQ has USB ports so anything is possible.. Either way I don't really care am enjoying the display and noticed great improvements in games.

Ghosting I just don't see it, if I run that alien demo thing I do see what looks like blur or ghosting but when playing a game just don't see any ghosting.

Last edited:
Permabanned
Guys

Does Freesync works on not with the 295X2? The standard answer is NO, currently.

However please bear in mind that the question above implies that :

a) There is an explicit CCC profile for the game disalbing CF.

b) On 15.3 drivers, the Force CF support on games with no profile is unchecked.

c) ULPS is ON

d) According to MSI AB the 2nd gpu is snoring

e)raptr is off.

The reason is that, while I see huge difference especially in TESO on areas where before felt like "fast slideshow" (35fps), everyone says "you talk bllcks Freesync isn't working with 295X2".

Is it my perception, the diffent monitor (old was XL2410T new XL2730Z) or actually Freesync works if I have forced the games to run on single GPU with the 295X2?

Thnx.

Seeing as the monitor shuts freesync down when the fps goes lower than 40 it must be your perception as it wouldn't be working at 35 fps regardless of the card.

Soldato
Big thanks shankly for finding this the video :):):):):) your a star :cool::cool::cool:

It helps to put all the miss judgement about freesync having more ghosting than Gsync.. When in truth it was nothing wrong with freesync it was the overdrive of the panel not working correctly..

For anyone thinking about sending there back to BenQ do it..
BenQ did everything from pick up to redelivery. All free and in less than one week.

Don't stay with firmware version 1 guys.

bru

bru

Soldato
It helps to put all the miss judgement about freesync having more ghosting than Gsync.. When in truth it was nothing wrong with freesync it was the overdrive of the panel not working correctly..

For anyone thinking about sending there back to BenQ do it..
BenQ did everything from pick up to redelivery. All free and in less than one week.

Don't stay with firmware version 1 guys.

Regardless of the freesync/overdrive issue itself, that is a massive thumbs up for BenQ service, very impressive, especially with things like the other thread about Gigabyte and the paying postage both way for faulty items.
It is things like this that make a company worth sticking with.

Soldato
Guys pay a visit to the XL2730Z owners thread. You will see that BenQ and their subcontractor Repairtech have set the bar so high, that everyone else trully sucks.

I sent my 2730Z more than a month ago for firmware upgrade. Got it back 4 days later all perfect.
High quality service.

As for the monitor is superb. Great colours and black, no bleeds or glow either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Regardless of the freesync/overdrive issue itself, that is a massive thumbs up for BenQ service, very impressive, especially with things like the other thread about Gigabyte and the paying postage both way for faulty items.
It is things like this that make a company worth sticking with.

Always liked BenQ but this has put them ahead of the competition even more. My next monitor will be BenQ.

Soldato
Hey,

So I'm thinking of a new build this autumn, and a Freesync setup is top of my list...

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/model/UM.CX1AA.001

I *need* this bad boy in my life :D

Have any of you had experience with 34" freesync screens? I think they are all LG IPS panels at the mo, so my only qualm is the max 75 Hz refresh rate.

I mostly play single player games on PC, so not too fussed about response time etc... but the curved panel and freesync would really add to an immersive experience, I hope :)

Cheers,

Su

Back
Top Bottom