• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD GPU sales tanking

where it mattered Ryzen was still worse than Intel and they were not cheaper.

oh y'really did go there eh?

disingenous again? but it's okay. i've now come to expect that off you

BdB9un5.png

Qfus8GQ.png

vQEvItj.png

MoKy0t6.png

nMtqALl.png

Its consumer perception, "Radeon" is a crap brand, its 1990's and its gained a negative association at this point, its done... change it, dump it, burry it immediately. Create a new brand image and make it a good one, one that's easy to remember, is cool and roles of the tongue, like Ryzen, change the colour as well, red???? Red is the colour our minds are programmed to avoid, its a warning colour, the Orange of Ryzen is a nice inviting colour, use that colour it should all tie in anyway...
Fix FSR, ffs..... fix it! whatever you do now just makee fixing FSR the thing to do, once you've fixed it relaunch it under entirely new branding.
Any new game console or handheld device from here and forever on must carry your Ryzen and or new graphics branding, brand visibility on things people like is critical.
so you finally agree, after all these pages that amd needs more mindshare then, thereby negating all your ramblings :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Thing is though I bought the last 3 Radeon cards because to me they offered better value for what I care about. I know rtx matters and will more so in the future, but I think the problem is just gamers mindset and Nvidia marketing. I don't doubt that Nvidia have better products at the top end and dlss is great, but it's odd how much of a gap there is when I genuinely think Radeon cards are decent.

Last edited:
Where's the fun in just speeling it out without first going through the thought process or at least try to make people think?
well the length of time it took you, the answer was already apparent long ago lol
i dunno mate, i think what radeon desperately needs is marketshare and mindshare, if that means taking less % profit per gpu sold, then so be it...just as amd did for ryzen 1000/2000 series

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
well the length of time it took you, the answer was already apparent long ago lol

Radeon is the problem, people have a negative association with it, its also something from the 1990's, its never made any sense, we didn't care in the 1990's everything had weird radio active themes, its not for the 2020's, lose it, burry it, pretend it never existed.
The colour red too, just no, anything but red.

Last edited:
Radeon is the problem, people have a negative association with it, its also something from the 1990's, its never made any sense, we didn't care in the 1990's everything had weird radio active themes, its not for the 2020's, lose it, burry it, pretend it never existed.
Yes quite possibly is time for a rebrand.

I think this is why it's important to have the fastest GPU each generation.
It's easy for those that don't follow things as closely as us to go from "Nvidia make the fastest graphics card" to "Nvidia make the fastest graphics cards". So if you're buying a PC what graphics card are you going to get? An Nvidia one obviously as they make the fastest graphics cards. Get an Nvidia 4070, because it's the best at that price point. What about the AMD 7800XT? Well Nvidia make the fastest graphics cards, so Nvidia 4070 > AMD 7800XT, obviously.

People care about the best, the best makes headlines.

It's like F1, relatively it's low % profit even for the top teams, but it's basically just an advert for those brands and the fact they don't lose money makes it free advertising (that happens to be entertaining to some people). Because F1 is pretty much the pinnacle of racing, I'd imagine more people know the F1 teams than the Formula 3 teams, so it's mindshare for those companies.

Were early top tier Ryzen CPUs better than Intel's top tier CPUs in every aspect, no, but there was probably enough wins to make some headlines. Even if it was productivity rather than gaming. There were some headlines Ryzen could make claim to (I suspect, I don't remember). Is there any area where the 7900XTX beats the 4090 (I'm not talking about very specific games or benchmarks but more general)?

Last edited:
AMD comes in with 40% lower pricing, *hurray AMD* Nvidia drops pricing by 30%, did anything change for AMD, other than loosing that revenue?
AMD were reactive though, it was Nvidia releasing the better price performing super cards that caused AMD to drop pricing.

AMDs window was at release as there would be no way Nvidia slashed prices by 30% a month or two into the generation, even after over a year Nvidia didn’t want to be seen to cut on existing cards prices so instead released the super series.

AMD were reactive though, it was Nvidia releasing the better price performing super cards that caused AMD to drop pricing.

AMDs window was at release as there would be no way Nvidia slashed prices by 30% a month or two into the generation, even after over a year Nvidia didn’t want to be seen to cut on existing cards prices so instead released the super series.
Yeah, they did miss the boat. If the 7900xt had been £650 on release it would have sold like hot cakes

Radeon is from 2000, not the 1990's :)

Back
Top Bottom