• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD GPU sales tanking

Suspended
Good Grief, this actually IS insane, AMD bad because ATI bad Drivers, 15 years ago, i buy Nvidia because people keep brining that up, like i just did. :confused:

gh6gtA5.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
Good Grief, this actually IS insane, AMD bad because ATI bad Drivers, 15 years ago, i buy Nvidia because people keep brining that up, like i just did. :confused:

gh6gtA5.png

That's why the Crayon eaters in those comments are best ignored. Just have to go to just about any tech site with comments be it their own site or Facebook and that's all you see, people owed a card a decade plus ago and it had issues. Or they never owned one but heard this or that about it. Apparently things never change in tech.

Last edited:
Suspended
That's why the window lickers in those comments are best ignored. Just have to go to just about any tech site with comments be it their own site or Facebook and that's all you see, people owed a card a decade plus ago and it had issues. Or they never owned one but heard this or that about it. Apparently things never change in tech.

I remember not long ago LTT did an GPU for 6 months test, everyone had a pretty ok or good experience with it, Linus even said he switched to AMD for his family lounge rig.

Apart from Luke, he had nothing but problems with his, i can't remember if these were 7000 or 6000 series GPU's, either way they were PCIe 4 GPU's, Luke, because he couldn't fit it in the case ran his AMD GPU outside the case with a 2 foot long riser cable, the others even hinted at him that might have been the problem, no no no, its AMD, AMD have this bad reputation so.... its AMD.

Luke you're thick as _____

Last edited:
Caporegime
I remember not long ago LTT did an GPU for 6 months test, everyone had a pretty ok or good experience with it, Linus even said he switched to AMD for his family lounge rig.

Apart from Luke, he had nothing but problems with his, i can't remember if these were 7000 or 6000 series GPU's, either way they were PCIe 4 GPU's, Luke, because he couldn't fit it in the case ran his AMD GPU outside the case with a 2 foot long riser cable, the others even hinted at him that might have been the problem, no no no, its AMD, AMD have this bad reputation so.... its AMD.

Idiocy at its finest.

Associate
To be fair the only GPU of any type I've ever had an issue with was ATI/AMD one, it would keep defaulting to AGP x1 instead of x8, so on that basis alone they will suck forever more.

Caporegime
that's one hell of a grudge, guess he doesn't get out much :cry:

As said above, look over Facebook tech sites pages and you see posts like this all the time. I've seen people whinge about the radeon 8500 back in 2001 and bring it up like its a relevant talking point for amd gpus today. They don't even seem to realise how utterly moronic their posts are, it really is baffling how people can be this thick and somehow be able to breathe without having someone remind them to do it every 10 seconds.

Last edited:
Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
It is interesting to me that while Computex is not always the launch window for GPU's they have always at least had a preview there of some sort.

This year AMD said nothing at all about gaming GPU's, not a single word, Intel talk about Battlemage iGPU's, a lot, even launching some... but nothing, nothing at all about Discrete Desktop GPU's.

Nope its just all full on with the AI train right now.

Last edited:
Soldato

There will always be a few who no matter what won't go with AMD GPUs but for the vast majority of people it simply comes down to pricing and until AMD figure that out they might as well get used to 10-15% of the market.

Soldato
Mean you missed this bit out

The overall decline for PC GPU shipments versus the previous quarter is reported at -9.9%. If we dive into the performance of each vendor, then we can note that NVIDIA declined by -7.7%, Intel declined by -9.6% and AMD saw the biggest decline of -13.6% in the graphics segment.

Doesn't matter how its split in my eyes, everything is in decline.

Q1 2024 JPR AIB GPU shipment marketshare saw Nvidia reached historic all time high at 88% marketshare while AMD collapsed from 17% to 12% and Intel crashed down back to 0%. AMD warned Radeon GPU sales will decline further in coming quarters, Intel will hold on waiting for Battlemage GPUs to see if it can battle blow crush RDNA4 to bits and try to overtake AMD marketshare with Intel magic spells and Nvidia will ship more GPUs and launch Blackwell GPUs in Q4 2024.

Last edited:
Soldato
It is interesting to me that while Computex is not always the launch window for GPU's they have always at least had a preview there of some sort.

This year AMD said nothing at all about gaming GPU's, not a single word, Intel talk about Battlemage iGPU's, a lot, even launching some... but nothing, nothing at all about Discrete Desktop GPU's.
Neither did Nvidia not a single word it was all AI. Almost to the point of rambling utter gibberish at times (Jensen). GN video was a good laugh. HUB couldn't hide their disappointment the fanboys they are.

Last edited:
Soldato

gh6gtA5.png

AMD has to wait for all the gamers they/ATI burned 10-15 years ago to die/retire

Last edited:
Soldato

gh6gtA5.png

You don't think that's cherry picking a little?

I've seen similar from people on Nvidia, albeit more rarely. I do notice a lot of nonsense statements and have for years now over AMD/ATI software/hardware, but it remains their own damned fault! They do not advertise to gamers properly, they haven't since much earlier ATI hardware but the market shifts and how things function have changed massively since then which only makes it worse.

I've said this before and will keep saying it: AMD is its own worst enemy in the GPU department, it cannot advertise properly to save its life and when selling DGPU's to random gamers the mindshare is what matters. Why aren't they running around pointing out that their control panel software is lightyears ahead? Why aren't they pointing out their massive lead in popular games like Warzone? They just bake out cards and leave it to the review sites that nobody other than enthusiasts bother with, and even when those sites have something positive to say it hardly matters. The random joe buying a PC or GPU for their existing rig is almost always going to go for the mindshare. Plebs will spend half as much more for the same thing or worse because it's branded and advertised properly, period.

AMD is struggling in the GPU department due to its own incompetence.

Last edited:
Suspended
You don't think that's cherry picking a little?

I've seen similar from people on Nvidia, albeit more rarely. I do notice a lot of nonsense statements and have for years now over AMD/ATI software/hardware, but it remains their own damned fault! They do not advertise to gamers properly, they haven't since much earlier ATI hardware but the market shifts and how things function have changed massively since then which only makes it worse.

I've said this before and will keep saying it: AMD is its own worst enemy in the GPU department, it cannot advertise properly to save its life and when selling DGPU's to random gamers the mindshare is what matters. Why aren't they running around pointing out that their control panel software is lightyears ahead? Why aren't they pointing out their massive lead in popular games like Warzone? They just bake out cards and leave it to the review sites that nobody other than enthusiasts bother with, and even when those sites have something positive to say it hardly matters. The random joe buying a PC or GPU for their existing rig is almost always going to go for the mindshare. Plebs will spend half as much more for the same thing or worse because it's branded and advertised properly, period.

AMD is struggling in the GPU department due to its own incompetence.
I agree with you...

Q1 2024 JPR AIB GPU shipment marketshare saw Nvidia reached historic all time high at 88% marketshare while AMD collapsed from 17% to 12% and Intel crashed down back to 0%. AMD warned Radeon GPU sales will decline further in coming quarters, Intel will hold on waiting for Battlemage GPUs to see if it can battle blow crush RDNA4 to bits and try to overtake AMD marketshare with Intel magic spells and Nvidia will ship more GPUs and launch Blackwell GPUs in Q4 2024.
Magic spells, i think they both need that at this point :cry:

Soldato
That's why the Crayon eaters in those comments are best ignored. Just have to go to just about any tech site with comments be it their own site or Facebook and that's all you see, people owed a card a decade plus ago and it had issues. Or they never owned one but heard this or that about it. Apparently things never change in tech.
The black screens with AMD cards were not that far in the past. That's when I switched to Nvidia and still got a bit of PTSD leftover.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The black screens with AMD cards were not that far in the past. That's when I switched to Nvidia and still got a bit of PTSD leftover.

That is true. Even I experienced that. Was sad, because up until that point it was easy to defend and laugh at people going on about decade or older stuff. Shame AMD messed up there because apart from that and undervolts/overclocks not sticking and resetting, AMD drivers have been very good for me.

They have fallen so much more behind in other ways since all that though sadly. Before it was just drivers and I never felt nvidia was better. But now there is no ifs and buts, DLSS is better, RT is better and those things do matter to me. So unless AMD improve price for performance to where we all think these GPUs should be, then might as well pay the extra £100 and go nvidia is where I am at.

I certainly don't root for them as a underdog anymore. They are a huge company that is no longer struggling. Want my money? Earn it like you did with your CPU department :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom