• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD IQ Vs Nvidia IQ - shenanigans or something else?

Associate
High Quality setting in cp and ultra preset.
2dgmf0n.jpg

Soldato
Default settings in nvidia cp and bf4 ultra preset.
2r4khsj.jpg

Which card you using bud?

Ahh, You dont seem to have the very poor quality like in gregs, but if you look at the tiles on the pavement. there is a clear improvement in quality in the near distance. Although it could be the angle.

High Quality setting in cp and ultra preset.
2dgmf0n.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
:p I don't think the position matters too much. :p

he does not seem to be suffering from the Filtering issue. :) so unless anyone else can replicate the same problem with default drivers and game settings at ultra, then i guess it is a non issue in the end. :D

Caporegime
Positioning is everything! :p

Yeah definitely doesn't seem to be affected anywhere as bad as Greg. Although the pavement tiling on the right looks quite different to me. Probably just down to the different angle though.

Last edited:
Soldato
As said, it can be an advantage or disadvantage depending on how you look at it, however, for "performance" reviews, it isn't a fair test.

Any idea which settings should be used for AMD ccc?

R7oGFTl.png

After ~20 months of owning AMD I'm still not that clued up on CCC, but I think...
"standard" texture filtering quality
and
"on" surface format optimisation

applies AMD's game optimisations.

Now what I still don't know is whether "system settings" will apply those settings globally, or whether CCC looks for a custom profile (having located game exe) to not apply their optimisations.

I'm still clueless about the tessellation options (mainly as I have no idea if pCARS uses it), what the info means when you have the mouse cursor over "morphological filtering," the EQAA modes etc.

Caporegime
I think IQ degradation should be the users choice.

Its fine to say with Nvidia vs AMD you have a choice between higher FPS with lower quality vs lower FPS with higher quality.

But if you set the same settings in the Game menu you expect to get those settings regardless of what vendor you are on.

If you want higher FPS then you degrade the quality yourself in the IQ menu, not have it forced upon you without your knowledge.

The performance Nvidia has in BF4 at least is by forcing a lesser quality than AMD. To me that is questionable cynical black arts sort of thing to do.

Caporegime
I think IQ degradation should be the users choice.

Its fine to say with Nvidia vs AMD you have a choice between higher FPS with lower quality vs lower FPS with higher quality.

But if you set the same settings in the Game menu you expect to get those settings regardless of what vendor you are on.

If you want higher FPS then you degrade the quality yourself in the IQ menu, not have it forced upon you without your knowledge.

The performance Nvidia has in BF4 at least is by forcing a lesser quality than AMD. To me that is questionable cynical black arts sort of thing to do.

Both vendors by default degrade IQ.

I always just change it and then force 16x AF (The AF is mainly a help for older games, it makes a dramatic difference in stuff like HL1)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom