• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Navi 23 ‘NVIDIA Killer’ GPU Rumored to Support Hardware Ray Tracing, Coming Next Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Everything AMD has been building up for the past 6 or so years has led to this moment.

Navi PC, Ryzen PC and consoles to API in mantle to vulkan and DX 12

One eco system for devs to play around with.

Navi is AMD's biggest threat to nvidia in the last 10 years.

I must admit I am getting quite excited about big Navi even if it doesn't beat nvidia for speed it will be an excellent upgrade for us Vega owners :D

Soldato
I feel people are in for a real let down tbh.

AMD has only just recently had the resources to put into RnD, They put everything in to Zen which is now bearing fruit. Think it will be a few years until they catch/beat NV again.

Soldato
I feel people are in for a real let down tbh.

AMD has only just recently had the resources to put into RnD, They put everything in to Zen which is now bearing fruit. Think it will be a few years until they catch/beat NV again.

Catch in meaning complete? I think they can do that perfectly fine. Take navi 5700XT only thing letting that down vs its competitors GPU is lack of ray tracing.

Beat well that is a whole different story. AMD doesn't really need to beat nvidia in performance they just need to be competitive give the features and price it well enough.

Amd is already winning in terms of market being in console to mobile laptop deals and even got a massive deal now with Samsung for upcoming phones with navi GPUs

At this rate amd is going to be everywhere.

Soldato

Navi is a long way behind the 2080ti so no, not just in RT. When the 3xxx series NV cards drop it will be even more.

Console means squat, 99% of console owners have no clue whats in them, let alone its a AMD SOC. As has been proven, it makes zero difference to the PC ports regards the perf on AMD GPU's

Laptops! Thats a joke, the amount if Intel based with NV GPU's dwarfs the AMD selections. And in OEM it's not even funny the lack of AMD alternatives.

Soldato
Navi is a long way behind the 2080ti so no, not just in RT. When the 3xxx series NV cards drop it will be even more.

Console means squat, 99% of console owners have no clue whats in them, let alone its a AMD SOC. As has been proven, it makes zero difference to the PC ports regards the perf on AMD GPU's

Laptops! Thats a joke, the amount if Intel based with NV GPU's dwarfs the AMD selections. And in OEM it's not even funny the lack of AMD alternatives.

Why mention 2080Ti? I didn't even compare that GPU 5700 XT is against 2070 /s and in none ray tracing games it does well.

Laptops AMD is already shown massive gains over Intel and it will continue.

Microsoft and Sony don't keep these things quite anymore AMD it's blastered all over the place and to say the ports haven't improved is a lie

Already using DX12 console ports have been excellent Gears 5 and forza just to name a few.

Ps5 and xbox now more than ever mini PCs build for one and all

Associate

It’s not really, not once you factor RDNA2 improvements and die size. Sure the product is much faster but 2080Ti has a huge die to get all its stream processors. AMDs biggest hurdle is the price performance of what a 3070 3080 product and how mush they can beat that as a 20% reduction on price or gain in perf over an Nvidia part isn’t going to be enough by itself imho

Soldato
Why mention 2080Ti? I didn't even compare that GPU 5700 XT is against 2070 /s and in none ray tracing games it does well.

I mentioned the 2080ti because ya know, Thers 2 other teir cards above that + the titan. So like I said, their not even close.

Laptops AMD is already shown massive gains over Intel and it will continue.

The massive gains you mention in laptops is non existent atm, Go look for a laptop and try to find a AMD based one, Betts you find hundreds if not thousands of Intel based, Odd one will be AMD.

Microsoft and Sony don't keep these things quite anymore AMD it's blastered all over the place and to say the ports haven't improved is a lie

I admit this, They are touting AMD more, Having said that, prove to me where the games from the last 10 + years have been better on AMD then the equivilent NV cards. The fact is they don't, Most still prefer a NV card, there are outliers I admit but thats all they are.

It’s not really, not once you factor RDNA2 improvements and die size.

We just don't know how well it performs yet, But like I said, it's not the 2xxx it will be up against. The next gen NV cards could be a damp squid but I doubt it.

Soldato
@pete910
That isn't fair tbh you compare a GPU vs its completion not against the full line up.

Vega 64 against 1080 not against 1080 Ti etc navi 5700 XT does well.

Of course it's fair in relation to the perf differences between manufactures, AMD's competitor is Nvidia. you didn't actually state the 2070s but that's irrelevant, the point still stands.

Caporegime
AMD haven’t aimed for the performance crown in decades. I’m not surprised either. For the comparatively few cards that are sold to enthusiasts like us the R&D just isn’t worth it for them. If they do bring out a card that is even close to 2080ti performance for even 70% of the price (£700-£800) many people will be over the moon. And any new Nvidia card that beats that card will be £1k+ so again AMD won’t mind.

Soldato
Of course it's fair in relation to the perf differences between manufactures, AMD's competitor is Nvidia. you didn't actually state the 2070s but that's irrelevant, the point still stands.

You haven't read anything I have said clearly lol prove to you last 10+ years games performed better on AMD?
Pete I talking about going forward.

GPUs you on compare them against each other in price bracket and performance not the series of models geez

Soldato
Pete I talking about going forward.

The exact same was said when the xbox360 ect/PS4 was released.

GPUs you on compare them against each other in price bracket and performance not the series of models geez

Your words

Take navi 5700XT only thing letting that down vs its competitors GPU is lack of ray tracing.

What am saying is they are a good way behind NV. THe 5700xt is AMD's flagship the 2080ti is Nvidias, see what am getting at?

Associate
AMD haven’t aimed for the performance crown in decades. I’m not surprised either. For the comparatively few cards that are sold to enthusiasts like us the R&D just isn’t worth it for them. If they do bring out a card that is even close to 2080ti performance for even 70% of the price (£700-£800) many people will be over the moon. And any new Nvidia card that beats that card will be £1k+ so again AMD won’t mind.

Sorry that is completely wrong based on what we are hearing without meaning to sound condescending or causing offense. In Q4 (which is the est. delivery of Navi 2X) they are likely to be up against a 3070 product sku which could be doing 2080Ti perf for £500 + RT gains & DLSS3. If AMD think they can rock up with Big Navi 2X and deliver 2080Ti perf even above that for £750 they are dead on arrival.

If AMD delivered 2080Ti perf right now for £750 then yes people would be happy, but that isn't happening.

Caporegime
Sorry that is completely wrong based on what we are hearing without meaning to sound condescending or causing offense. In Q4 (which is the est. delivery of Navi 2X) they are likely to be up against a 3070 product sku which could be doing 2080Ti perf for £500 + RT gains & DLSS3. If AMD think they can rock up with Big Navi 2X and deliver 2080Ti perf even above that for £750 they are dead on arrival.

If AMD delivered 2080Ti perf right now for £750 then yes people would be happy, but that isn't happening.
2080TI is still top end, enthusiast grade hardware priced to match though. AMD have never gone after that market. The supposed 3070 will likely match 2080 Super performance at a cheaper price. I doubt AMD will be looking at a statement card that beats 2080ti at half the price. We will see though, but history suggests it’s a market AMD routinely and purposefully avoids.

Soldato
The exact same was said when the xbox360 ect/PS4 was released.

Your words

What am saying is they are a good way behind NV. THe 5700xt is AMD's flagship the 2080ti is Nvidias, see what am getting at?

You missing the point! Flagship or not its not even in the same price bracket how can you even compare? I thought my post was clear enough to understand what I was getting at.
We can not even compare last-gen consoles for one they using old hardware and tech sure they had AMD GPUs but that is that. The new consoles will be using incase the Xbox same Windows, same DX12 Ultimate and same CPUs and GPU like found in the PC space, it has never been this close before they are basically mini PCs! You build for these you build for all the market.

AMDs vision has been this point for years they have wanted to bring everything together Next-Gen consoles will be doing just that.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
2080TI is still top end, enthusiast grade hardware priced to match though. AMD have never gone after that market. The supposed 3070 will likely match 2080 Super performance at a cheaper price. I doubt AMD will be looking at a statement card that beats 2080ti at half the price. We will see though, but history suggests it’s a market AMD routinely and purposefully avoids.
Nah. That makes no sense. You are essentially saying the 3070 will be around 10-15% performance boost over a 2070S. That would be majorly disappointing.

bru

bru

Soldato
So AMD is going from 7nm to 7nm+ and gaining 50% IPC and yet NVidia is going from 12nm to 7nm+ and only getting 15%.
Both are new architectures.

God this forum makes me laugh sometimes.:D:p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom