• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD on the road to recovery.

Caporegime
Funny when you think about it, before the original ryzen came out motherboard manufacturers were "meh" about making products for it, now they can't make them fast enough. Complete turnaround in a short time.

Associate
Good on them let’s hope it continues and they can pull something similar on the GPU side even though Nvidia would not be caught napping like Intel

Soldato
AMD are now outselling Intel 10 to 1 with a record breaking 91% market share for AMD in April 2020 at Mindfactory! :eek:

Shame it's not them numbers with OEM sales, bet it's completely reversed when looking at them, Infact I'd go as far to say as a 1000 Intel to 1 AMD

Associate
Shame it's not them numbers with OEM sales, bet it's completely reversed when looking at them, Infact I'd go as far to say as a 1000 Intel to 1 AMD
Plus OEMs know that placing a Intel sticker on a Desktop or Laptop will increase the chance for a sale in comparison to AMD sticker. So unfortunately until the general public know AMD is now "King", OEMs will still go for Intel

Soldato
Plus OEMs know that placing a Intel sticker on a Desktop or Laptop will increase the chance for a sale in comparison to AMD sticker. So unfortunately until the general public know AMD is now "King", OEMs will still go for Intel

Thats because unless you have some sort of minimal tech knowledge, not a lot of people know who AMD is, at my work place, up until Christmas they were still using Dell machines with Windows 7, most of them were that old, they couldnt run Windows 10, so they had to buy a whole load of new machines, the IT company that they brought the machines from even suggested new Intel Dell machines, right up until I asked why Intel, why not AMD, they are cheaper etc, faster (multicore), more powerful and cooler for less power from the wall, and from 95% of people the response was.....Who is AMD, Intel is known everywhere, everyone has heard of Intel, AMD in the average joe real world, no one knows who they are.

Again, your average joe walking in to a high street PC superstore, and I think we all know who im talking about, is offered 2 laptops by some spotty 18 year old teenager, one is Intel, one is AMD, honestly which one do you think Mr Joe is going to go for.....who doesnt really know anything about PC's, he just wants something to surf the net on, watch some netflix and maybe some Microsoft Word, he probably doesnt even know what defragmentation is.

Soldato
Thats because unless you have some sort of minimal tech knowledge, not a lot of people know who AMD is, at my work place, up until Christmas they were still using Dell machines with Windows 7, most of them were that old, they couldnt run Windows 10, so they had to buy a whole load of new machines, the IT company that they brought the machines from even suggested new Intel Dell machines, right up until I asked why Intel, why not AMD, they are cheaper etc, faster (multicore), more powerful and cooler for less power from the wall, and from 95% of people the response was.....Who is AMD, Intel is known everywhere, everyone has heard of Intel, AMD in the average joe real world, no one knows who they are.

Again, your average joe walking in to a high street PC superstore, and I think we all know who im talking about, is offered 2 laptops by some spotty 18 year old teenager, one is Intel, one is AMD, honestly which one do you think Mr Joe is going to go for.....who doesnt really know anything about PC's, he just wants something to surf the net on, watch some netflix and maybe some Microsoft Word, he probably doesnt even know what defragmentation is.

If it has an SSD, he doesn't need to know what it means.

Associate
According to the latest market share report from Tanawa Research, AMD now stands with a market share of 60.56% in the Asian DIY market, an impressive jump considering that AMD was around 50% share in late 2019.
Even more interesting is that AMD's Notebook CPU share till January 2020 was 15%, but in April the share exceeded 22.76%, marking a 10 year high for AMD in South Korea!

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=da&sl=auto&tl=en&u=https://www.zdnet.co.kr/view/?no=20200504155641&sandbox=1
644238.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
AMD hit a new high in after-hours trading of just over $63 so far. Intel announced a 6 month delay of their latest CPU's. Intel down over 8% in after-hours trading.

Associate
I'm hoping their strengthened position in the last few years through successful CPU launches means them starting to challenge again in the GPU market. We needed to have Intel taken down a peg or two, it would be nice for that to happen to NVidia as well.

Back
Top Bottom