• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD on the road to recovery.

Caporegime
OP

Look at the Intel slide they provided, Intel Chip sales are down 9% yoy, That's OEM's, DIY Desktop doesn't really matter, OEM's do and those Ryzen 4000 APU in Laptops are stealing Intel's lunch.

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/amd-facing-acute-shortage-of-7nm-ryzen-4000-mobile-processors/

AMD Facing Acute Shortage of 7nm Ryzen 4000 Mobile Processors

AMD are selling them faster than they can make them...

Permabanned
Look at the Intel slide they provided, Intel Chip sales are down 9% yoy, That's OEM's, DIY Desktop doesn't really matter, OEM's do and those Ryzen 4000 APU in Laptops are stealing Intel's lunch.

https://www.hardwaretimes.com/amd-facing-acute-shortage-of-7nm-ryzen-4000-mobile-processors/

AMD Facing Acute Shortage of 7nm Ryzen 4000 Mobile Processors

AMD are selling them faster than they can make them...

AMD should do something like relocating wafers, and allocating more wafers by TSMC.
Ryzen 4000 Mobile processors are really really good and the market must have them in the desired quantities.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/AMD

Soldato
People must start believing in AMD and its superior products. How much did you profit with that operation?

About £1000. I was a pretty poor student back then. I didn't want to sell but I needed money and selling at 5x didn't seem like a bad deal back then.

Soldato
As someone who bought AMD at $3 and sold at $15, this pains me so much :D

I am in no pain at all.
Tech companies are my speciality. AMD is my fav at the moment, if i tell you why, you will understand. In January 2017 i bought 1000 shares at $10.61 each. In February this year i sold 250 shares at $52.26 each, getting back the investment plus a small profit. That still leaves me with about $64,000 in shares that have cost me nothing at all :D

Soldato
I am in no pain at all.
Tech companies are my speciality. AMD is my fav at the moment, if i tell you why, you will understand. In January 2017 i bought 1000 shares at $10.61 each. In February this year i sold 250 shares at $52.26 each, getting back the investment plus a small profit. That still leaves me with about $64,000 in shares that have cost me nothing at all :D

Next time AMD goes down, I'll buy more and hold longer this time :D

Soldato
Well, when and indeed if my shares drop to $50,000................i'll be selling. But in all honesty, i don't see that happening even if we do get a big second wave of Covid 19 and certainly not until Intel get near to being competitive.

Yeah not gonna happen anytime soon. Maybe Intel will drop a lot :D

Soldato
Yeah not gonna happen anytime soon. Maybe Intel will drop a lot :D

Intel i think will drop like a stone for at least the next 2 years.................unless they come up with something spectacular across the whole cpu spectrum and actually beat AMD across the board..........they will still just drop share wise. Plus of course, ARM could well come into play and spoil Intel's day bigtime.............only time will tell on that one.

Soldato
What site do people use to buy their shares? I put a bit of money in plus500 when AMD shares were I think about 20 USD, but IMO the site wasn't much good as they were taking small amounts of money fairly often, so I stopped using it.

Might keep an eye on Intel shares and buy those.

Soldato
What site do people use to buy their shares? I put a bit of money in plus500 when AMD shares were I think about 20 USD, but IMO the site wasn't much good as they were taking small amounts of money fairly often, so I stopped using it.

Might keep an eye on Intel shares and buy those.

I don't buy or sell very often, but when i do, i just use my bank, Barclays. Share trading sites in my view are a bit of a rip off and lack consistency.

Back
Top Bottom