• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD on the road to recovery.

Caporegime
OP
I thought Intel's 10nm+ was supposed to make them competitive on the efficiency front again? so much so that Intel renamed 10nm+ to "Intel 7" to better communicate an equivalence to TSMC.

So why are AMD's chip's still twice the performance per what? Either your "Intel 7" process is junk compared to TSMC or your X86 architecture is very inefficient compared with AMD.

Intel talk a lot, they like to say a lot of things, make a lot of bold claims, while talking do they assume people are stupid? That's what really irks me about companies like this, what they say is always entirely different from reality and its insulting to anyone who can read.

Soldato
I thought Intel's 10nm+ was supposed to make them competitive on the efficiency front again? so much so that Intel renamed 10nm+ to "Intel 7" to better communicate an equivalence to TSMC.

So why are AMD's chip's still twice the performance per what? Either your "Intel 7" process is junk compared to TSMC or your X86 architecture is inefficient compared with AMD.

Intel talk a lot, they like to say a lot of things, make a lot of bold claims, while talking do they assume people are stupid? That's what really irks me about companies like this, what they say is always entirely different from reality and its insulting to anyone who can read.

The Cascade Xeon’s are barley competitive with the lower end cost down P versions of EPYC.

For Intel, it’s a case of all hands to Ponte Vecchio and Graphics cards. Desktop and Server graphics cards until 2025.

Caporegime
OP
Wait for Milan-X to take a giant dump on Intel's campfire.... I find Intel's CPU business incredibly boring, tedious even.

Yeah, graphics is where its at, just shut up about your crappy CPU's Intel, i want to know more about your graphics.

Associate
The difference between an Intel CPU or AMD CPU in an average gaming build in use for 4 hours a day probably works out at 2p per day.
Also the difference in 1440p and 4k especially for performance will be virtually zero so may as well go for most economic and cheapest overall platform

Associate
That would currently be the 11400F then if you can find one.
5600X only about 3% faster in 1440 and about the same in 4k so yeah pretty much identical although 5600X edges it in power consumption and 5600X definatley edges it out on thermals. That would just leave motherboard choice which for me would edge it in MADs gavor as better upgrade paths with a AM4 board but it would be close

Soldato
Wait for Milan-X to take a giant dump on Intel's campfire.... I find Intel's CPU business incredibly boring, tedious even.

Yeah, graphics is where its at, just shut up about your crappy CPU's Intel, i want to know more about your graphics.

Yeah, over all the market is good for CPU’s. The graphics card market on the other hand is in a shambles.

The market is desperate for Intel’s graphics cards. No one cares about it’s CPU’s.

Soldato
5600X only about 3% faster in 1440 and about the same in 4k so yeah pretty much identical although 5600X edges it in power consumption and 5600X definatley edges it out on thermals. That would just leave motherboard choice which for me would edge it in MADs gavor as better upgrade paths with a AM4 board but it would be close

Depends on the graphics card really. Around that resolution and with 5600X the Radeon RX series cards are pretty handy. With RTX cards not so much. I’d definitely go with 5600X if we are talking Nvidia RTX.

Permabanned
AMD Achieves an EPIC 16% Server Market Share Thanks To EPYC CPUs (wccftech.com)

If You Invested $1,000 in AMD in 2014, This Is How Much You Would Have Today | The Motley Fool

"When Lisa Su became Advanced Micro Devices' (NASDAQ:AMD) CEO on Oct. 8, 2014, the chipmaker's stock traded at about $3 per share. Today, AMD trades at just over $100 per share -- so a $1,000 investment in the chipmaker on Su's first day would be worth more than $31,000 today.

During those seven years, a $1,000 investment in AMD's rival Intel would be worth less than $1,600 today. Let's look back at how AMD generated such massive gains in such a short time."

Associate
Graphs like that make me sick. I read the reviews for Ryzen 1 when the nda lifted and thought " I should buy some shares". I think they were £2 something a share and I could have made a lot of money.

Yes I am an idiot.

Caporegime
OP
Must be more given the absolute Processors market domination and the superior products/technology.

Still the market is rotten with corruption, though.

Intel is 220 Billion Dollars and has been lagging for years already!!!!

Just a few years ago in revenue terms Intel was literally 10X the size of AMD.

At the end of this financial year that ratio will be around 4 to 5X.

With that in mind AMD have no business being a $140 Billion company, if the Xilinx purchase goes through AMD will be a $180 Billion company. This against Intel at $220 Billion.

A lot of detractors make this point on investment message boards, and at face value it would seem they have a point, but its far more complex than that.

A companies market cap, which is its valuation, is directly tied to how much money is invested in the company, its nothing, directly at least, to do with the size and revenue, its about how much confidence investors have in the company.

So here's the thing, Intel's revenue year on year is flat, their margins have fallen 10 percentage points in the last 4 years, from about 65% to 55% that's HUGE.
Their X86 market share is also in decline with no sign of that abating let alone any growth.

AMD on the other-hand, in the last 4 years their revenue has gone up 4 fold, their margins by 10 percentage points from about 40% to 50%, their X86 market is up 10 fold and they have great prospects for further significant growth, they appear to be an Nvidia / Apple / Intel in the making and rapidly, what's more its at Intel's expense.
That's why AMD are valued so high, but its tentative, AMD have access to that mountain of money but if they do access too much of it people could get spooked and pull their money out, at which point the money AMD used from that pot becomes debt, AMD right now are completely debt free, unlike Intel who have $100 Billlion of debt and a stagnant revenue stream and market share contraction, which is not a good place to be in.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
If Intel keeps declining more people will pull their money out, in turn their market cap shrinks while at the same time their debts increase.

Currently at a ratio of $100 Billion debt to $220 Billion market cap, eventually there comes a point where that ratio makes people panic and pull their money out on mass.
Intel are not to big to fail, in the same way Nokia was not too big to fail, where people money is concerned there is only so much confidence and good will.
Its why Intel are so aggressive with marketing, they are constantly trying to reassure the money men, they are in panic mode.

Back
Top Bottom