• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Polaris architecture – GCN 4.0

Associate
Honestly... I don't believe a word of it about base and boost clocks until the reviews are out or listed for sale officially.

If they have cards listed as doing 1400mhz boost, that is pretty damn good news. I think my 'SUPER OC' AMD card has a extra 20mhz on the clock, so it's good to see MUCH better OC potential right out the gate.

Yep, it is as expected, I mean most reference cards are doing 1350-1375 with just adjustment of power target and fan curve on the crappy blower hsf.

There's a user on oc.net cobbled together one with an old 7800 series dual-X cooler and with 1350 core it's maxing ~70c at much lower noise levels and even the naked VRM's are only ~90c so with properly designed cooling solutions and higher base power target these cards should be great.

Soldato
I do hope all this news is true, and the base - boost from Powercolor looks more 'natural'; than that of the Nitro with a 20Mhz difference.

If both clocks of Nitro and Devil are true, they're going to be damn good value at £249 compared to any reference card.

AIB. The Way It's Meant To Be Sold.

On a serious note, these cards had all have open voltage control/power limit options AND be able to be controlled in Wattman. It would really suck if you were forced to use another tool to OC

Soldato
AIB. The Way It's Meant To Be Sold.

On a serious note, these cards had all have open voltage control/power limit options AND be able to be controlled in Wattman. It would really suck if you were forced to use another tool to OC

Yeah, I hope Sapphire don't try to lock folks into their Trixx software. Wattman looks nice.

Associate
Caporegime
why can't you just admit the 1070/1080 suck because this card obviously makes those very poor in comparison. This 980ti is faster than a 1070 and overclocked to it's max, faster than a 1080,

Eh? A 980Ti has to be going to near 1500mhz on the core to beat a 2ghz+ 1070 and that is just in DX11. The 1070 has a decent advantage over the 980Ti in a fair few DX12 benches.

and faster than a 1080 overclocked to max?? Yes, if on LN2 and clocked to like 1800+mhz but that seems a silly point to make :o

The 1070 and 1080 are not the greatest cards ever released by NVidia but they are faster than anything AMD has on the market right now (single gpu wise) so if you want the best performance, they are all we have.

AMD have just released something that has the same performance and efficiency as a 980 which was released nearly two years ago for £200+ which is also nothing much to get excited about.

This whole generation from both vendors has been slightly underwhelming to be honest.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom