• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Polaris architecture – GCN 4.0

Soldato
And least they are not shoving reference cards with a over $100 price premium in users' faces :rolleyes:

Or what the other brand Nvidia did with cards they sold that burned the computer and they knew they did or selling 3.5gb cards as 4gb or the lack of sli support for over a year with win vista by failing to follow Microsofts guidelines I mean thats really embarrassing and the worst case being the ceo lying to the audience that he held an actual new card in his hand the wood screw edition. I can find more such if I dig.

The good thing about the 80% consumer base that buy cards in this price range is they get the best cards for today with dx12 support fully async hardware enabled with the 480.

Most users who post here never owned an amd card or dont today.
if you dont own an amd card are you then really allowed to post in any amd threads? I dont think that should be allowed.
They could be paid members of the nvidia focus group and I mean, who knows who they are right?

Caporegime
They could be paid members of the nvidia focus group and I mean, who knows who they are right?

heh, why should I be a fan of either company?

One wants to bend us over a barrel, but does at least improve perf each gen.

The other promises a revolution, but delivers a wet fart. A 290 level card for 290 pricing, for the 3rd time since 2013...

Go team red/green!

Soldato
heh, why should I be a fan of either company?

One wants to bend us over a barrel, but does at least improve perf each gen.

The other promises a revolution, but delivers a wet fart. A 290 level card for 290 pricing, for the 3rd time since 2013...

Go team red/green!

R9 290 4gb launch price : $399

R9 390 8gb launch price : $329

Rx480 4gb launch price : $200

Rx480 8gb launch price : $239

So all though the performance has not moved on it has been lowered down in pricing over the years. That's just about what always happens. Just because we are not really seeing the benefits of it due to our weak currency does not mean a lot of the world aren't seeing them

Basically since the 290 4gb launch you are now receiving better performance for half the price. I blame the longer wait for this to happen mainly on 28nm sticking around so long. Do i want things to move on faster yea off course but i won't be letting end of line pricing on other models and the £ get in the way of the truth.

Soldato
I thought AMD had done what they said they were going to do for all those months, bring the minimum spec for VR price down.

They did, then the price gouging kicked in because they're extremely popular. Just look at the price of the reference 480's on OcUK alone.

Sapphire Ref costing more than the Powercolor Devil AIB card. :confused:

Caporegime
R9 290 4gb launch price : $399

R9 390 8gb launch price : $329

Rx480 4gb launch price : $200

Rx480 8gb launch price : $239

What that doesn't take into account, is that the 290 dipped well below the 390 launch price before the 390 came out.

Because the 390 was a "new" card, they were able to increase the price (despite it being the same damn card).

Then the 390 dipped down to £240 (EOL pricing even lower), and the 480 is sticking roughly at the same price.

Looking at launch pricing really doesn't tell the whole story. AMD were able to bump the price a bit at each new "release" of the 290/390/480, compared to the price the last one had been selling at.

As far as I can remember, the 290 did reach £240 ish pricing before the 390 came out...

Man of Honour
Or what the other brand Nvidia did with cards they sold that burned the computer and they knew they did or selling 3.5gb cards as 4gb or the lack of sli support for over a year with win vista by failing to follow Microsofts guidelines I mean thats really embarrassing and the worst case being the ceo lying to the audience that he held an actual new card in his hand the wood screw edition. I can find more such if I dig.

The good thing about the 80% consumer base that buy cards in this price range is they get the best cards for today with dx12 support fully async hardware enabled with the 480.

Most users who post here never owned an amd card or dont today.
if you dont own an amd card are you then really allowed to post in any amd threads? I dont think that should be allowed.

That works both ways right? if you don't own an nVidia card you don't get to comment about them either :D

Soldato
The point! The point beats the edge!

Well struck, sir. veaZY8A.gif

All this has been said to flopper before, and conveniently ignored of course.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=29721671&postcount=10468

Gregster said:
flopper said:
in any forum, you have maybe max 10 users often less than that has 90%+ of forum posts about a subject normally. so are those 10 people representative for the forum gpu or are they trolls, entusiasts or plain ignorant along the way?

If you check this thread you find that very few of the major posters have an amd card or are buying a 480 so why do they even post here or are allowed to?
Some like to discuss new technology, regardless of vendor. I have seen some very silly comments which have been removed by the mods but most of what I have seen has been fair talk. It would be boring if only people buying a 480 were allowed to post here. Did you ever post in Pascal/Maxwell threads?

Edit:

A quick look in the Pascal thread and seems you posted several times.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/se...rchid=23989115

Gregster said:
flopper said:
If memory serve, one post a long time ago
Normally dont read nvidia threads at all on any forum.
Not interested in a lying ceo and company that try to limit the pc gaming field selling bad cards and knowing they did that burned a load of computers and along the way sells 3.5gb cards as 4gb cards.
such behaviour shouldnt be supported anywhere.

If everyone accept bad stuff its not bad stuff at some point and you become corrupted thinking its normal. Hatecrimes for example after brexit raised by 57% in the UK. You guys have issues in your country.

I enjoy my amd cards I had and have, I find their way a better one as I look at the overall usage I have for gaming and amd fullfills what I do with a computer and I can be ensured I at least can live with my decision choosing a sensible manufacturer. (you did ask)

I am happy for ocuk selling 1000+ cards in a couple of days.
as far I can tell a really good seller of cards here whatever brand.

You should check my edit lol - Seems you posted a lot more than 1 time but that's fine with me, as we live in a democratic society and are allowed an opinion. Quite surprised you said what you did, when you clearly have no intention of buying NVidia but posted in the Pascal thread many times but here you say that anyone not buying AMD shouldn't be allowed to post in this thread. That is known as a dictatorship and thankfully we don't live by those rules.

Enjoy your RX 480 and interested in what you think of it and how it compares to your Fury.

tbh flopper hasn't got a clue. Just ignore him.

Last edited:
Soldato
tbh flopper hasn't got a clue. Just ignore him.

I bet without anything to back that up that my iq is 50 points at least over yours. I make an educated guess here thats what smart people do you know even if I have no idea who you are, what country your from or what your cultural or social history or anything you think about ever or will either.

Anyhow some guys out there knows stuff thats interesting to know for anyone with an AMD or nvidia card,
http://www.overclock.net/t/1605674/computerbase-de-doom-vulkan-benchmarked/320#post_25354068

It does not mean that 3D Mark cheated. Some people love to take what I say out of context and that includes AMD fans. What it means is that 3D Mark chose nVIDIAs implementation over AMDs. This will likely not be the case for games because games are using AMDs implementation for the consoles.

Time spy is a PBN benchmark suit, when a test as time spy choose to showcase an application like dx12 but choose one over the other it then invalidates the test to showcase accuratly what happens in a game for example AOTS which means that Futuremark test becomes invalidated for comparison.

sure many wont bother to care but its a serious issue when either side isnt showcased what happens in games but are believed to think so from a test suit that isnt doing its proper job in the application its suppose to test. (dx12)

Thats what I know what that means with the Futuremark Time spy test but if people actually believe you james.miller 50 less iq points than me that would also invalidate the hope and faith in human kind to not be able to use free will and make their own choices instead of listening to some well I can say more but then you wouldnt understand it......

Just saying.

On topic, I think on topic in any thread is important for most is that the 480 has started to showcase good OC, that the sapphire strix looks awesome and are started to look to be the option if one cares about looks and not performance in the value segment. Sapphire have done an outstanding job on the 480 design IMO and are worthy of the flopper stamp of approval, Legendary Awesome. :)

Soldato
I bet without anything to back that up that my iq is 50 points at least over yours.

Interesting....

I make an educated guess here thats what smart people do you know

That was educated, then?

even if I have no idea who you are, what country your from or what your cultural or social history or anything you think about ever or will either.

Oh wait, no it wasn't.

Thats what I know what that means with the Futuremark Time spy test but if people actually believe you james.miller 50 less iq points than me that would also invalidate the hope and faith in human kind to not be able to use free will and make their own choices instead of listening to some well I can say more but then you wouldnt understand it......

Just saying.

Terrible insult and dribble aside, i've not said anything about futuremark so let's not throw strawmen around and stick to the facts, agreed?

Fact, you said:

flopper said:
in any forum, you have maybe max 10 users often less than that has 90%+ of forum posts about a subject normally. so are those 10 people representative for the forum gpu or are they trolls, entusiasts or plain ignorant along the way?

If you check this thread you find that very few of the major posters have an amd card or are buying a 480 so why do they even post here or are allowed to?

Fact: Current top posters:

User Name Posts
humbug 428
CAT-THE-FIFTH 423
Mauller 332
D.P. 322
Seanspeed 193
Mtom 184
Gregster 184
LoadsaMoney 167
drunkenmaster 163
bru 156
FoxEye 156
flopper 153
Orangey 141
TheRealDeal 141
AlamoX 139
andybird123 130
Jono8 124
AllBodies 114
Rroff 110
Lokken86 109

Go on, give me an actual 'educated guess'. How many of those top posted have previously or do currently own an AMD card? go on, give us a laugh.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom