• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Polaris architecture – GCN 4.0

Caporegime
Yeah I've had both, as have most people (current card: on-board - yuck). flopper should realise we're most loyal to our wallets, not nVidia or AMD :p Whichever company gives us the best value per gen gets our monies.

My most likely next card? RX 470 4GB. The others are simply out of my preferred price range. nVidia be crazy thinking a xx60 card is a £250+ to £300 card. AMD be crazy thinking they can keep 390 perf at £250 for the last 30 months or so...

My thoughts on this gen? Screw em both.

Man of Honour
Out of those listed I'd say all of them have/owned a AMD card :D

I've never owned an AMD GPU - I had an ATI Rage IIc 3D in my first proper PC and Mobility Radeon in my laptop around about 2004/5 or so. I've got the odd one lying about for testing stuff.

Soldato
I've never owned an AMD GPU - I had an ATI Rage IIc 3D in my first proper PC and Mobility Radeon in my laptop around about 2004/5 or so. I've got the odd one lying about for testing stuff.

You're not in the top 10. Which is lucky, really, because

// Educated guess mode on //

flopper said:
so are those 10 people representative for the forum gpu or are they trolls, entusiasts or plain ignorant along the way?

// Educated guess mode off //

Soldato
I haven't owned an AMD card yet, either. But I've also only owned two GPU's at all!

And I was planning on getting a 480 originally, but it didn't perform quite as well as I was expecting and then Brexit pushed prices up past where I wanted to spend.

I'm going to the US in a few months, so might see about one then(I have a US bank account), depending on how performance is looking like and how good the 3rd party cards are.

Caporegime
Interesting....

That was educated, then?

Oh wait, no it wasn't.

Terrible insult and dribble aside, i've not said anything about futuremark so let's not throw strawmen around and stick to the facts, agreed?

Fact, you said:

Fact: Current top posters:

User Name Posts
humbug 428
CAT-THE-FIFTH 423
Mauller 332
D.P. 322
Seanspeed 193
Mtom 184
Gregster 184
LoadsaMoney 167
drunkenmaster 163
bru 156
FoxEye 156
flopper 153
Orangey 141
TheRealDeal 141
AlamoX 139
andybird123 130
Jono8 124
AllBodies 114
Rroff 110
Lokken86 109

Go on, give me an actual 'educated guess'. How many of those top posted have previously or do currently own an AMD card? go on, give us a laugh.

Me #1 yay :D

Soldato
I haven't owned an AMD card yet, either. But I've also only owned two GPU's at all!

And I was planning on getting a 480 originally, but it didn't perform quite as well as I was expecting and then Brexit pushed prices up past where I wanted to spend.

I'm going to the US in a few months, so might see about one then(I have a US bank account), depending on how performance is looking like and how good the 3rd party cards are.

I was thinking of doing something similar! i know couple of friends off to the US next year. Might give them the money to buy me a 1080Ti or something and pop it in their suitcase and bring it back :)

Associate
XFX blunder:

Scorched VRM?

XFX-Radeon-RX-480-DD-4_VC.jpg

Forgot to remove film from pad :eek:

XFX-Radeon-RX-480-DD-7_VC.jpg

Soldato
Honestly... I don't believe a word of it about base and boost clocks until the reviews are out or listed for sale officially.

If they have cards listed as doing 1400mhz boost, that is pretty damn good news. I think my 'SUPER OC' AMD card has a extra 20mhz on the clock, so it's good to see MUCH better OC potential right out the gate.

Soldato
Honestly... I don't believe a word of it about base and boost clocks until the reviews are out or listed for sale officially.

If they have cards listed as doing 1400mhz boost, that is pretty damn good news. I think my 'SUPER OC' AMD card has a extra 20mhz on the clock, so it's good to see MUCH better OC potential right out the gate.

I do hope all this news is true, and the base - boost from Powercolor looks more 'natural'; than that of the Nitro with a 20Mhz difference.

If both clocks of Nitro and Devil are true, they're going to be damn good value at £249 compared to any reference card.

Back
Top Bottom