AMD Promo Bundle - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Gigabyte X370-Gaming K7, Team Group RAM *FREE 480GB SSD*

Associate
OP
I think he may have left amd, or at least in his forum support role as his forum name has changed.

@ianshep57 link to amd official support forums. maybe go have a chat in there see if you can get a rep to help?
https://community.amd.com/community/support-forums
Just an update for you all, with special thanks to TheKwango for his recommendation to contact AMD.
I contacted AMD and they offered me a boot kit so that I could make sure that the motherboard Bios was still up to date.
I tried that and everything worked fine with the boot kit CPU. I mentioned the problem with my CPU and they suggested to post it back to them when I return the boot kit.
I did as suggested and returned my CPU and whilst I was on holiday in Greece last week I received a short email saying that my CPU had “passed” and was being returned to me. I thought that they must have repaired the 3 broken pins.
Yesterday I received a new package from the courier, imagine my shock and surprise to find a brand new unopened still sealed 2700x CPU And heat sink. This was provided free of charge as a replacement for my faulty CPU, AMD have even provided me with free return labels in both directions. I have been treated unbelievably well from AMD with everybody I have had contact with, and no surprise I will be using AMD forever in the future, and have recommended them to all my friends and family.
Sorry for the long post, but finally I have a working system and once again I cannot praise AMD enough.
Ian

Associate
Just an update for you all, with special thanks to TheKwango for his recommendation to contact AMD.
I contacted AMD and they offered me a boot kit so that I could make sure that the motherboard Bios was still up to date.
I tried that and everything worked fine with the boot kit CPU. I mentioned the problem with my CPU and they suggested to post it back to them when I return the boot kit.
I did as suggested and returned my CPU and whilst I was on holiday in Greece last week I received a short email saying that my CPU had “passed” and was being returned to me. I thought that they must have repaired the 3 broken pins.
Yesterday I received a new package from the courier, imagine my shock and surprise to find a brand new unopened still sealed 2700x CPU And heat sink. This was provided free of charge as a replacement for my faulty CPU, AMD have even provided me with free return labels in both directions. I have been treated unbelievably well from AMD with everybody I have had contact with, and no surprise I will be using AMD forever in the future, and have recommended them to all my friends and family.
Sorry for the long post, but finally I have a working system and once again I cannot praise AMD enough.
Ian

Wow :eek:

Associate
OP
On an unrelated issue. I am using Windows 7 with this AMD 2700x CPU and every now and then a message box pops up saying unsupported hardware (this CPU does not support this version of windows, and suggests windows 10.
Is there any way of permanently removing this message as I still quite like using Windows 7.
Ian

Soldato
Well done on getting the issue sorted. Backs up my thinking that hw companies probably allow for some user errors but please never send parts like that again. I tend to keep old packaging materials as someday they evertually get reused (returns/sale of old hardware).
Just go with Win 10. You're using a brand new 2018 CPU with an old OS which is now some 9 years old. The latest OS will ensure optimal performance from your hardware and driver compatibility.

Associate
OP
In my defense I did send the CPU back in the protective shroud that it came with. I think that I bent the pins when trying to remove the CPU from the heat sink. Having said that I have learned my lesson and in future if I have to send anything back I will make sure that everything is secure.

Soldato
Well I'm glad it's all sorted now, but since the images are blocked at work I can't see the original state of the CPU.

I have to ask this though: if the CPU was stuck to the heatsink, how in the hell did you get the CPU out of the socket? Surely there's no enough space to get the socket retention arm fully open if there's a lump of metal above it?

Back
Top Bottom