AMD Promo Bundle - AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, Gigabyte X370-Gaming K7, Team Group RAM *FREE 480GB SSD*

Soldato
Just an update for you all, with special thanks to TheKwango for his recommendation to contact AMD.
I contacted AMD and they offered me a boot kit so that I could make sure that the motherboard Bios was still up to date.
I tried that and everything worked fine with the boot kit CPU. I mentioned the problem with my CPU and they suggested to post it back to them when I return the boot kit.
I did as suggested and returned my CPU and whilst I was on holiday in Greece last week I received a short email saying that my CPU had “passed” and was being returned to me. I thought that they must have repaired the 3 broken pins.
Yesterday I received a new package from the courier, imagine my shock and surprise to find a brand new unopened still sealed 2700x CPU And heat sink. This was provided free of charge as a replacement for my faulty CPU, AMD have even provided me with free return labels in both directions. I have been treated unbelievably well from AMD with everybody I have had contact with, and no surprise I will be using AMD forever in the future, and have recommended them to all my friends and family.
Sorry for the long post, but finally I have a working system and once again I cannot praise AMD enough.

Ian
Wow!:eek: Seriously no joke, in my 20+ years of reading about RMA experiences, this is the best outcome I've ever heard.

It's truly amazing, AMD could have easily just rejected the CPU with no fuss. Well done AMD - superb! 10/10

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom