• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD R9 290 (Non-X, Pro, etc) Owners Club

Associate
Sold my copy of BF4 yesterday for £23 that i got with my 290, so basically i paid £277 for my 290 and a copy of Hitman and Thief.. not bad :)

I got the same card (and redeemed for the same games) except i got a little more for BF4.

Cracking card for £270, less if you sell thief :)

Have you tried overclocking yet?

I found 1150/1500 to be the sweet spot for fps gains, anything higher on the memory resulted in negative gains. Can't quite get my core up to 1200 without artifacting though.

Associate
2 x Sapphire 290 Tri-x incoming tomorrow - as long as DPD can find my house ...

As predicted DPD didn't show - my wife was at home but nobody called and no card through the door.

I saw Cedric circulating the neighbourhood on the tracking page ! However, pretty sure didn't come to the address and just gave up despite the email saying we tried and nobody home hence no card. We are a bit tricky to be find - I avoid couriers if possible for this reason. Amazon locker pick up or the postie who knows where we are !

Realistically not installing cards until the weekend though but don't like the idea of £700+ worth of my kit being trawled around and then taken back to depot etc for another try.

Cheers

Associate
Got it up to 1225/1500 now using trixx and and +150mv +50% power :D

Got some dodgy looking artifacts at 1250 though, might need some more vddc, is it safe to go +200mv (im on water)?

I think i might try increasing the memory some more but iirc the gains over 1500 ended up giving me a loss.

2921 score in valley extreme hd preset, i want to get 3k! (is that score good btw, for this card and chip?)

Associate
My temps were;

core 50
vrm1 64
vrm2 54

trixx using odffset vcore so it was only actually hitting 1.305 vddc, theres an option to force vddc to a constant so i might try that and thgen try and push for 1250.

Soldato
What sort of OCs can people get on stock volts?
I've not tried clocking my memory yet, but my cores can't even do 1100MHz :(

Tempted to get a couple of the MSI Gaming cards or the Sapphire Tri-X ones. They're both reference board right?

Caporegime
What sort of OCs can people get on stock volts?
I've not tried clocking my memory yet, but my cores can't even do 1100MHz :(

Tempted to get a couple of the MSI Gaming cards or the Sapphire Tri-X ones. They're both reference board right?

1075-1150 seems to be what you can get on stock voltage. I fit in at 1100 on both of my cards so towards the lower end of the spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom